Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.
 Main Menu

ForumsSearch »

SY Nations Cup 2017

King of the Desert

Escape Gaming

Polaris Series

AoC Recorded Games

AoE2HD Recorded Games

AoFE Recorded Games

Major Past Tournaments

Users currently online
Members (45)
»  650r
»  [x]
»  ACCM
»  Ator
»  Gango
»  Hico
»  Jupe
»  slaca
»  TumaY
»  xLain
Guests (71)

AoC Clans Add yours »

Links

Auto downloadedFind »

Ads

How to get bigger resolution?

Take part in AoE2HD discussions, share strategies and gaming experience
Advertisement from Google 

How to get bigger resolution?

Postby  DreamingFighter » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:03 pm

Guys, I just bought AOE HD and play it on my 13 inch laptop, 1366x768. Problem is that the resolution of the game is too small for me to play properly. How can I change that setting? Can someone help me with a "for dummy" tutorial?

PS: I have AOE 2 HD original version 5.1a (most current version to date, excluding betas)

My screen look like this

My ingame settings look like this (no resolution option)

My menu settings look like this (still no resolution option)
 DreamingFighter

Re: How to get bigger resolution?

Postby  SouFire » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:27 pm

You can't force higher resolutions on a small screens, the HD ver takes ur desktop resolution, try connecting ur lap into a bigger screen, aoe should have scaling options for those resolutions to make things fair, but well there are more important stuff to fix like moonwalk or campaign bugs
 SouFire

1873 (52%)

Postby  Tarzan » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:48 pm

06 Mar 2017, 18:27 GMT » SouFire wrote:
You can't force higher resolutions on a small screens, the HD ver takes ur desktop resolution
Yes you can : viewtopic.php?f=240&t=109933 (but only with discrete GPUs...)
 Tarzan

1521 (45%)

Postby  SouFire » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:10 am

^Yeah you can through a DVI or HDMI connection, but that feature isn't available for laptops, tablets or vga connections, well atleast for radeon graphics idk about nvidia.
 SouFire

1873 (52%)

Postby  Genette » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:11 am

@DreamingFighter: Does your laptop include a dedicated graphics card or just an IGP like the Intel HD xxxx/AMD APU/onboard graphics chip?

@ my Mexican friend: geez SouFire, just stop trying to give tech advice to people who might confuse you for a knowledgeable & helpful person. Please! Not kidding - I'll frikking report all the false information you've posted here over the years to the mods & explain what's wrong with it in miniscule detail. To put in a nutshell: You're even worse with tech support than Ra used to be with scheduling. Just please don't reply to tech support topics anymore - please!

Last edited by  Genette on Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
 Genette

1624 (49%)

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  SouFire » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:39 am

^Weren't u gone after all ur hate towards aoc community? damn i would hate to be you, always so angry :lol:

But if you really know know how to that for portable devices share your knowledge don't be selfish.
 SouFire

1873 (52%)

Postby  Genette » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:55 am

06 Mar 2017, 18:27 GMT » SouFire wrote:
You can't force higher resolutions on a small screens, the HD ver takes ur desktop resolution, try connecting ur lap into a bigger screen, aoe should have scaling options for those resolutions to make things fair, but well there are more important stuff to fix like moonwalk or campaign bugs

Underlined text: Simply false. I hope you don't expect an explanation here.

06 Mar 2017, 23:10 GMT » SouFire wrote:
^Yeah you can through a DVI or HDMI connection, but that feature isn't available for laptops, tablets or vga connections, well atleast for radeon graphics idk about nvidia.

Underlined text: Simply false. Doesn't have anything to do with HDMI/DVI/VGA. In fact, I've been using an overscaled VGA screen here over years.

07 Mar 2017, 01:39 GMT » SouFire wrote:
^Weren't u gone after all ur hate towards aoc community? damn i would hate to be you, always so angry :lol:
But if you really know know how to that for portable devices share your knowledge don't be selfish.

Morons like you always drag things on a personal level, no surprise here. Look at my reply: It's about dedicated vs. integrated graphics devices. More information on downsampling / overscaling: http://www.monitortests.com/forum/Threa ... tility-CRU
 Genette

1624 (49%)

Postby  DreamingFighter » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:28 am

07 Mar 2017, 01:11 GMT » Genette wrote:
@DreamingFighter: Does your laptop include a dedicated graphics card or just an IGP like the Intel HD xxxx/AMD APU/onboard graphics chip?

It has Geforce 630M.
I tried the solution posted by Tarzan in upper post, but cannot do it (Control center doesn't display options like in tutorial)
 DreamingFighter

Postby  SouFire » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:16 am

OH that cru software was an option when the relive 17.1 removed the additional settings, but still depending more in the screen than a GPU scaling, im also using a higher resolution using vga but thats because the monitor/tv had the internal scale function so you can manually push his limits, but not all monitors have that and most of the times you get the black screen or no signal message, so far the less risky is the GPU scaling but like i said and its also showed in tarzan's link it requires a dvi or hdmi connected display, otherwise the software doesn't let you touch that options, thought ur method could by pass it but it didn't

There is no point discussing with you, it is always the same, when the other guy asked how to fix the CD problem for voobly, you laughed abut my easy fix(consistent in just install the 1.e patch) which actually works and then u suggested a more complex way to fix it like if a normal user would knew how to do that, my problem might be trying to help without technical language or enough knowledge but urs goes beyond skills or knowledge.
 SouFire

1873 (52%)

Postby  Genette » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:19 am

@DreamingFighter:
Desktop GPUs supporting DSR: all Maxwell, Kepler, and Fermi-based desktop GPUs using 344.48 or later drivers.
Notebook GPUs supporting DSR: in development - will be released in an upcoming Game Ready driver release.
Operating Systems Supported: Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3597/~/dynamic-super-resolution-(dsr)-support-reference-chart

@SouFire: Listen, you are a lost case. Tarzan and me have said the exact same thing: It's about dedicated vs. integrated devices. He pointed to a native feature in the Nvidia software for dedicated gpus and I pointed to CRU. You tho, did nothing but spread misinformation - as always in tech-related topics. We've had people ending up infront of black screens, because they were given false information about downsampling/overscaling etc. This is probably why I really can't accept people to post nonsense in tech support topics.
Last edited by  Genette on Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
 Genette

1624 (49%)

Next

Return to General AoE2HD Discussion