Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.
 Main Menu

ForumsSearch »

SY Nations Cup 2017

King of the Desert

Escape Gaming

Polaris Series

AoC Recorded Games

AoE2HD Recorded Games

AoFE Recorded Games

Major Past Tournaments

Users currently online
Members (52)
»  650r
»  _MbL_
»  may_
»  Zoso
Guests (113)

AoC Clans Add yours »

Links

Auto downloadedFind »

Ads

How to get bigger resolution?

Take part in AoE2HD discussions, share strategies and gaming experience
Advertisement from Google 

Re: How to get bigger resolution?

Postby  drmrboss » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:48 am

Anyone playing on 24 inch 4k (3840X2160) monitor? It looks small and sexy. However I feels it might be too small to see. In two years ago, I played on dell 15.6 inch laptop (3200x1800) . Oh dammed, units were too small, lol.
 drmrboss

Postby  Nanashi » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:10 am

Age of Empires 2 HD runs at the native resolution of your monitor. I had to check this when I first bought the game and notice that the option to switch your resolution was missing. So the reason your laptop is running at 1366 x 768 is that is likely the laptop monitors native resolution. That is a common native resolutions on a cheaper laptops. You need to buy a monitor with a higher native resolution to get the game to run at a higher resolution.

- I'm presuming your graphics card can also support higher resolutions. Most anything that runs AOE2 HD supports higher resolutions than what you are running the game at.

07 Mar 2017, 01:55 GMT » Genette wrote:
  06 Mar 2017, 18:27 GMT » SouFire wrote:
You can't force higher resolutions on a small screens, the HD ver takes ur desktop resolution, try connecting ur lap into a bigger screen, aoe should have scaling options for those resolutions to make things fair, but well there are more important stuff to fix like moonwalk or campaign bugs

Underlined text: Simply false. I hope you don't expect an explanation here.

What he wrote is correct in essence, even if the technical details are slightly off. The game runs at the laptops native resolution. The reason OP can't get a higher resolution is his laptop's built in monitor doesn't support higher resolutions.
 Nanashi

Postby  BruZi » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:19 pm

On a 20'' screen my highest resolution was 1600x900.

I was able to add the 1920x1080 resolution with the CRU file Genette posted:
https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thre ... tility-CRU

So now, in the game (voobly, not HD) I have the new option of 1920x1080, everything was really simple to do.
PS: I use a nvidia GPU
"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength." - Eric Hoffer
 BruZi

Previous

Return to General AoE2HD Discussion