Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.
 Main Menu

ForumsSearch »

Masters of Arena 5

Battle of Africa

The Legacy Cup 2

Recurring Series

AoC Recorded Games

AoE2HD Recorded Games

AoFE Recorded Games

Major Past Tournaments

Users currently online
Staff (1)
»  robo
Members (26)
Guests (106)

AoC Clans Add yours »

Links

Auto downloadedFind »

Ads

Ethopians free halbs annoying

Take part in AoE2HD discussions, share strategies and gaming experience
Advertisement from Google 

Ethopians free halbs annoying

Postby  Ghazna » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:41 am

Isn't it too much that enemy gets free halbs, along with faster arbs and siege rams? Idk, I find it quite annoying to play against this bonus, as your cav becomes useless immediately on imp, and you can't match their arbs with your own archers either. They have entire siege line as well..

Idk if they should even get halbs, because they already have heavy camels? Vikings and Aztecs miss halbs to compensate for their good early game.. Ethiopians seem to don't care :roll:

Perhaps halbs could be removed entirely? If that's too weak, give plate barding armor to strengthen camel as an option?
 Ghazna

Re: Ethopians free halbs annoying

Postby  Influenza » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:57 am

30 Nov 2017, 04:41 GMT » Ghazna wrote:
Isn't it too much that enemy gets free halbs, along with faster arbs and siege rams? Idk, I find it quite annoying to play against this bonus, as your cav becomes useless immediately on imp, and you can't match their arbs with your own archers either. They have entire siege line as well..

Idk if they should even get halbs, because they already have heavy camels? Vikings and Aztecs miss halbs to compensate for their good early game.. Ethiopians seem to don't care :roll:

Perhaps halbs could be removed entirely? If that's too weak, give plate barding armor to strengthen camel as an option?

YES lets go back to aok where everything made sense
StressedOut: u guys are like husbandry and wife
 Influenza

Postby  Poxo » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:44 am

They are just like brit but with worse eco bonus. (Tc one) therefore they get free halb and full siege. Making them a good civ in... All the stages of the game, feudal, Castle, early and late imp.

Very well balanced.

P.s. As many people don't understand sarcasm this is a reminder that this post is indeed sarcasm.

#HUNWHOREHATER

#PrayforSet0

#Believe
 Poxo

1929 (48%)

Postby  BruZi » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:18 pm

30 Nov 2017, 04:57 GMT » Influenza wrote:
Perhaps halbs could be removed entirely?

I'm sure he doesn't mean to remove halbs from the game, but from the civ.
 BruZi

Postby  misafeco » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:23 pm

Meso civs completely own them (eagles>anything Ethiopians can train). They don't even get champion to counter eagles. Malians and Goths also own them with the extra infantry pierce armor units. Briton archers outrange them and range>rate of fire. I think they also have problems against good CA civs like Huns and Magyars. Add Berbers because of the Camel Archer. That's already 9 civilizations. If I'm not wrong, they were already nerfed in recent patches. If you also take halbs away they will simply suck.
Fun fact: Ethiopians only won 4 games (out of 15) so far in the King of the Desert tournament. 2 vs. Malay, 1 vs. Vietnamese and 1 vs. Burmese.
 misafeco

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  wAkKo » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:07 pm

30 Nov 2017, 12:23 GMT » misafeco wrote:
Meso civs completely own them (eagles>anything Ethiopians can train). They don't even get champion to counter eagles. Malians and Goths also own them with the extra infantry pierce armor units. Briton archers outrange them and range>rate of fire. I think they also have problems against good CA civs like Huns and Magyars. Add Berbers because of the Camel Archer. That's already 9 civilizations. If I'm not wrong, they were already nerfed in recent patches. If you also take halbs away they will simply suck.
Fun fact: Ethiopians only won 4 games (out of 15) so far in the King of the Desert tournament. 2 vs. Malay, 1 vs. Vietnamese and 1 vs. Burmese.

Shotels work good vs ew, and they run fast too. I've even tested them vs goth husks / champs combos, and they do pretty ok.

The weakness is the low hp and their resistance to ranged units.
 wAkKo

2000 (59%)

Postby  Influenza » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:42 pm

30 Nov 2017, 12:18 GMT » BruZi wrote:
Perhaps halbs could be removed entirely?

I'm sure he doesn't mean to remove halbs from the game, but from the civ.

Me too I'm just reading what I wanted to read
StressedOut: u guys are like husbandry and wife
 Influenza

Postby  TriRem » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:45 pm

Archer attack 10% faster (down from ~18%)
+50f/50g in feudal, 100/100 in castle and 150/150 in imp
Pikeman/halb upgrade are instantaneous & cost no food

That would be my balance changes to Ethiopians. They still get the convenience of the early pike/halb but don't get to save the massive 600 gold of the halb upgrade.
 TriRem

Postby  Tarsiz » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:46 pm

Make Franks great again!
 Tarsiz

Postby  misafeco » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:07 pm

30 Nov 2017, 13:07 GMT » wAkKo wrote:
  30 Nov 2017, 12:23 GMT » misafeco wrote:

Shotels work good vs ew, and they run fast too. I've even tested them vs goth husks / champs combos, and they do pretty ok.

The weakness is the low hp and their resistance to ranged units.

Let's say they're OK vs ew, but terrible vs. ew+archer/slinger combo. All your opponent needs to do is to micro.
Against champs they do well (higher attack/lower HP cancels each other out) but certainly not cost effective as they cost almost 2x as much gold. Goths can spam husk/champ mixed and easily beat your arb/shotel army while using less gold.
Shotels are amazing against trash I'll give them that.
 misafeco

Next

Return to General AoE2HD Discussion