Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.

New to the scenario

Take part in AoE2HD discussions, share strategies and gaming experience
Advertisement from Google 

New to the scenario

Postby  FalconBR » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:51 am

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the scenario of aoe2hd.

I wonder if someone is able to help me in my first steps and learn more about the game and its strategies.

Thank you.
 FalconBR

Re: New to the scenario

Postby  Dirkjan » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:26 am

You can do a lot by yourself really :D
Download recorded games from 2k+ steam players and look at their build order
Install voobly and wololokingdom mod and download games from aoczone and check build orders
Start by playing easy maps like black forest or michi, these maps are great to learn good unit compositions for later games
Playing against AI can help a lot for build orders
There is also always every moment of the day a good (or multiple good) players streaming so check them out
Ask stuff in twitch chat (well maybe not in vipers chat :D) as people are always willing to explain in my opinion
There is also a getting started guide on this website in 'articles and guides' as well as some other cool guides (on partrolling for instance).
Have fun!
 Dirkjan

1615 (52%)

Postby  Jineapple » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:50 am

This is a good overview of starting tips, resources, etc: http://deathray.media/aoe2
Play HD expansions on Voobly: https://github.com/Jineapple/WololoKingdoms
Tooltip mod for AoC: http://www.voobly.com/gamemods/mod/665/Max-Extended-Help (Available in English, German, Spanish and Italian!)
Cheat Sheet for AoC/Expansions: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=548698803
 Jineapple

Postby  FalconBR » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:21 pm

01 Dec 2017, 09:26 GMT » Dirkjan wrote:
Install voobly and wololokingdom mod and download games from aoczone and check build orders
Start by playing easy maps like black forest or michi, these maps are great to learn good unit compositions for later games
There is also always every moment of the day a good (or multiple good) players streaming so check them out
Ask stuff in twitch chat (well maybe not in vipers chat :D) as people are always willing to explain in my opinion
There is also a getting started guide on this website in 'articles and guides' as well as some other cool guides (on partrolling for instance).
Have fun!

Thank you! Can you tell me some great AOE2 players to watch games/streams?
 FalconBR

Postby  Tominywa » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:06 am

I'm new to you. I just wanted to know how start time should start.
 Tominywa

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  NeAnder » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:51 pm

01 Dec 2017, 21:21 GMT » FalconBR wrote:
  01 Dec 2017, 09:26 GMT » Dirkjan wrote:
Have fun!

Thank you! Can you tell me some great AOE2 players to watch games/streams?

I think slower players are easier for beginners to follow, DauT is not too fast for example.
 NeAnder

Return to General AoE2HD Discussion