Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.

Trolling in ranked AOE2HD BF 4v4 game ?

Take part in AoE2HD discussions, share strategies and gaming experience
Advertisement from Google 

Trolling in ranked AOE2HD BF 4v4 game ?

Postby  simkantrel » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:50 pm

Hey guys, my first topic on AoCZone - I hope I managed to get it right without violating the rules.

I am opening this as I got pretty frustrated 10min ago during a what seemed to be a normal 4v4 Black Forest ranked match.

So everything starts as normal - I get my 3 vills on houses while I go get the sheep. Things are going great, getting the sheep to TC and vills start spawning and getting the food in the middle of my TC - nothing out of the ordinary for my typical start of the match.
Then out of the blue, a player called "Titus Pullo", who was my ally, jumps out of nowhere and starts taking my sheep. While I try to communicate with him and point his sheep on the map, as I thought he's a new guy, he starts surrounding my TC with palisade walls. Teams are locked and I can't set him as an enemy, plus we are still in Dark Ages and no one else from the team can see what I see due to the Fog of War. This dude tells me "You work for me, this is AOC" or some gibberish like that. He tells me to go wall and Xses on some spot on the map. I start panicking and took my vills out of the TC along with my scout and try to run away but this douche keeps chasing me with 3-4 vills of his.
During this whole fiasco I keep X-sing to the team and ask them what the hell is going on - teal comes and he's like "what the hell is happening here". I managed to escape somehow and hid in a corner of the woods, planning to delete my currently surrounded TC and rebuild it, but guess what - I had around 80 wood, due to my stupid panic reactions, so no wood camp or TC possible.
While I ask teal and grey for assistance and a tribute of 100 wood, teal starts X-sing like mad. I look at his TC and I see a bunch of corpses there - his scout and a lot of vills dead. I went there with my scout and guess what - this *** had surrounded everything with palisades again ! I couldn't understand why teal killed his vills and scout though - I think they were not killed by anything, rather deleted as they were all in one spot near the TC. He resigned right after, as did grey. For some reason people started dropping on the other team as well - after the game ended I took a look at their bases and all of them were running fine economies without any threat - no towers no drush no nothing.
At one point teal and grey have resigned on my team and all the players from the other team resigned as well. So I am left there with this guy. and I am like " what the hell is happening here, what were you doing, why and what was the purpose of all this", but all I get in response is 11s and some silly words, not even one meaningful sentence. All he said, which I understood was "see we won, gg" or something like that.

This whole game made me crazy for a moment and I decided I should share it here - after all I searched the web for AOE trolling examples and have not found one similar to this horrific example.

Hope you guys find it interesting !
Cheers !
 simkantrel

Re: Trolling in ranked AOE2HD BF 4v4 game ?

Postby  Poxo » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:06 pm

HD, Steam AoC servers got very few regulations if they get any. Sadly there is no real solution that I know but avoiding that player.

#HUNWHOREHATER

#PrayforSet0

#Believe
 Poxo

1929 (47%)

Postby  OLADUSHEK » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:49 am

Just remember his nickname and never play with him.
Also if someone in future will do smth like this you can pause, try to explain the situation and try save the game. Or you can just resign for not wasting 8 players time. Anyway points means absolutely nothing.
 OLADUSHEK

1822 (60%)

Postby  Dirkjan » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:22 am

sorry for the bad experience, they happen once in a while. Most of the games you will be playing will be fun! If you end up with a flaming/trolling team mate, just say so to all other players in chat, and try to save exit once. If it doesnt work, tell them you cant play with this person and tell them to check recording. No one ever does but at least ppl wont put you on ban lists and stuff like that (happens on voolby sometimes).
 Dirkjan

1615 (52%)

Postby  simkantrel » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:11 pm

I play only through Steam, as I didn't even expect that there was an active community supporting AOE before a year or so. I just saw it on Steam sale and remembered all the good times we had as kids with this game.

This case is the first time I see such troll, although when I started playing AOE online I found it very hard to survive and thought everyone was trolling due to the countless tower, dark and feudal age rushes that were brought upon me by enemies. Thankfully I managed to overcome this :) thanks to Spirit of the Law and The Viper videos on YouTube and I must admit that now I am too using such filthy tactics, but at least I try to explain to the other player (while he rages on me) that there is a way to block my attacks and point him to the above mentioned channels.

I felt pretty guilty the other day in a similar case. Keep in mind my ELO is pretty low now - around 1450. So I open up the lobby browser and there is a 1v1 room and the player is around 1450 as well - fair deal I would say so I jumped in. We started the game and right after feudal I send vills to block his wood camp with a single tower for start. As soon as I got the tower up and killed one of his vills he started trash talking and resigned before I could even say anything to him. Found it pretty odd as the dude was way ahead of me on points due to his perfect economy, but seems like he's new to the game and wasn't prepared for sneaky attacks as I used to be in the past. Trust me guys a lot of raging was coming out of me when I first started playing online :D .

Anyway, would be nice if someone has a similar troll game which frustrated him, so he could share it here for all of us to learn from that example.

Cheers !
 simkantrel

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  d20random » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:34 pm

16 Jan 2018, 11:11 GMT » simkantrel wrote:

Anyway, would be nice if someone has a similar troll game which frustrated him, so he could share it here for all of us to learn from that example.

Well, it's not called Rage Forest for nothing :twisted:
Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away
 d20random

Postby  WahWah » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:42 pm

One of the strangest games I had was a 1vs1 Arena Match where my opponent startet to wall me In with palisade walls in Dark Age. As far as I can tell at that moment he added more than four layers.
I ignored them until I reached Castle age and started to build siege to breaks those walls. Getting through 10 layers of Palisades and realizing that he did nothing else was really strange.
 WahWah

Postby  buckyx » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:43 pm

I would like to see BF drush
ImageImage
 buckyx

1493 (43%)

Postby  JoshuaR » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:36 am

I just finished season 2 of Rome (the HBO series, so please no spoilers beyond this - I have to see if this kid Octavian gets his money or if Antony kills him!!).

Titus Pullo can sometimes do stupid things (like murder someone). But he also seems to be a like-able guy who means well, and he's always there for his buddies. I suggest next time you follow his instructions and wall so that he doesn't murder you. Then maybe you will become his buddy, and he will wall for you.
 JoshuaR

Postby  Black Adder » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:23 pm

05 Feb 2018, 17:43 GMT » buckyx wrote:
I would like to see BF drush

There you go, RTS League at your service :d
Black Adder
Facebook+YouTube+Twitch: BlackAddersPlays

RTS League Staffer
rts-league.org
Facebook+Twitter+YouTube+Twitch: RTSLeague

"When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself." P. O'Toole
 Black Adder
RTSL Staff

Return to General AoE2HD Discussion