Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.

Why Scorpions > Mangonels in Huns war

Take part in AoE2HD discussions, share strategies and gaming experience
Advertisement from Google 

Re: Why Scorpions > Mangonels in Huns war

Postby  futhark1 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:47 am

21 Jan 2018, 07:35 GMT » livrodedaniel wrote:
Please, shut up.

Why?
 futhark1

Postby  Tocaraca » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:50 am

21 Jan 2018, 07:47 GMT » futhark1 wrote:
Please, shut up.

Why?

Either he quoted the wrong comment and was planning to reply to me, or he thinks you’re being a **** for no reason (which you were). Nevertheless sorry for my clickbait title. Gotta get some practice for when I go and make 100000 subs and need to get that SWEET YOUTUBE AD REVENUE $$$$$ Kappa
 Tocaraca

1618 (47%)

Postby  OLADUSHEK » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:08 am

Actually I think it's a good idea. After I thought about it. At least scorps are defenetely underestimated. Also in goths war they can make the difference.

Keep you work going, i always read your posts. Don't pay attention on trollers who not analysing the game.
 OLADUSHEK

1822 (60%)

Postby  Tocaraca » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:33 am

21 Jan 2018, 08:08 GMT » OLADUSHEK wrote:
Actually I think it's a good idea. After I thought about it. At least scorps are defenetely underestimated. Also in goths war they can make the difference.

Keep you work going, i always read your posts. Don't pay attention on trollers who not analysing the game.

Thanks!

About the Goths war thing, I really like the idea of massing Heavy Scorpions vs Goths, but maybe not in Arabia since movement speed is a very big factor in open maps. Maybe on Arena you can mass hscorps like that. Especially since Goths and some other cubs don’t have Siege Engineers or Siege Onager so they’re left with a regular boring Onager to try and counter hscorps.
 Tocaraca

1618 (47%)

Postby  livrodedaniel » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:39 pm

21 Jan 2018, 07:50 GMT » Tocaraca wrote:
  21 Jan 2018, 07:47 GMT » futhark1 wrote:
Please, shut up.

Why?

Either he quoted the wrong comment and was planning to reply to me, or he thinks you’re being a **** for no reason (which you were). Nevertheless sorry for my clickbait title. Gotta get some practice for when I go and make 100000 subs and need to get that SWEET YOUTUBE AD REVENUE $$$$$ Kappa

No, it was not for you my frrriend. It was for futhark1.
 livrodedaniel

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  andreskbr » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:33 pm

Even though Scorpions have more accuracy, you can still micro not to get hit by them(the same way you do against Ragned units without Ballistics). It's harder to do it against Mangonel, because you only need 1 or 2 effective shots to make a big damage. Take in mind he "dancing" micro gets less results the bigger the ammount of Mangos(with attack ground, you can shot multiple places simultaneously).
 andreskbr

1901 (48%)

Postby  Tocaraca » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:00 pm

21 Jan 2018, 13:33 GMT » andreskbr wrote:
Even though Scorpions have more accuracy, you can still micro not to get hit by them(the same way you do against Ragned units without Ballistics). It's harder to do it against Mangonel, because you only need 1 or 2 effective shots to make a big damage. Take in mind he "dancing" micro gets less results the bigger the ammount of Mangos(with attack ground, you can shot multiple places simultaneously).

True. So, are you saying, it would be better to have 3 Mangonels than 6 Scorpions (since multiple mangos are already very hard to micro around)?
 Tocaraca

1618 (47%)

Postby  Henkdesupernerd » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:30 pm

the mix of scorp+mangonel (scorp with the dodgable traget fire, and mangos with the attackground) almost guarantees atleast some hits
 Henkdesupernerd

Postby  Tocaraca » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:48 pm

I'll try a mix of both units, thanks Henk SeemsGood
 Tocaraca

1618 (47%)

Postby  malamadre » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:05 am

Man I saw you lose like 10 times against Jomenal in his stream. You made scorps, they died, you died. But you died because you are a worse player with bad build orders. I suggest you try to improve, get a good level, make your scorpions, win games by making scorpions, post the games.

You can just write and write all day, putting numbers, stats and everything. But unless you actually succeed with this unit composition in real games with decent enemies, every will mock you.

In any case, mangonels arent even a good choice in huns war, so scorps may actually be useful.
 malamadre

1780 (54%)

PreviousNext

Return to General AoE2HD Discussion