Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.

WololoKingdoms 5.7 is released ! With auto-updater now

Take part in AoE2HD discussions, share strategies and gaming experience
Advertisement from Google 

Re: WololoKingdoms 5.7 is released ! With auto-updater now

Postby  SouFire » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:16 pm

Hell yeah the balance patch was released to increase competitiveness and reduce strength to some broken units, at least its a good attempt to fix things, playing a tournament with OP condos,camel arch, arambai, etc, etc, is bad for the players and for the tournament itself, i don't see how it could be good for some player that abuses karambit or condo broken stats to take the victory whereas everyone knew it wasn't meant to be like that.

If the tournament would be running with latest patch then we will see different civs being played, for example cysion and his crew hasn't acknowledged yet how broken are burmeses monk bonuses, because since the release of Rajas burmeses has been banned 95% of the tournament games, so there is few or poor data about that which means that it ain't gonna be changed soon.
 SouFire

1873 (52%)

Postby  TriRem » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:08 pm

I don't think changing balance mid tournament is a good idea. If you want a tournament to be as fair as possible you want to keep the settings the same for the entirety of it.

Do I think the balance is better on 5.7 ? Yes I do. Would this new balance provide more even games between civs ? Possible. But I don't think it's fair to change the balance in the middle of the tournament.
 TriRem

Postby  Millo » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:02 pm

Hi, i tried to repair rams on the new patch and the vills kept garrisoning on unit, with right click, is this a bug or a file overwrite problem?
-It´s not What You Push, It´s What Pushes You. Shine On You Crazy Diamond!-
 Millo
Top TG player

Postby  Top_Shot » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:35 am

I Have an issue as well, while spectating a game, if I try do reduce the game volume and the music volume it doesnt works. Also, the mods for trees are not working, somehow the bamboo mod has stuck and even if I have uninstalled,it is still there when I play the game.
my wife was happy when zone closed, 10 years after we still here... and i have a other wife 111 - bonniprince
 Top_Shot

Postby  Influenza » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:21 am

30 Jan 2018, 22:02 GMT » Millo wrote:
Hi, i tried to repair rams on the new patch and the vills kept garrisoning on unit, with right click, is this a bug or a file overwrite problem?

i think u have to now use the repair hotkey and then left click??
StressedOut: u guys are like husbandry and wife
 Influenza

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  Tocaraca » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:12 am

30 Jan 2018, 22:02 GMT » Millo wrote:

Press R (or whatever your repair hotkey is) and click the ram, that should work
 Tocaraca

1618 (47%)

Postby  Millo » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:22 pm

Is there a point of this change? like hotkeys problems, or it was just randomly added? if it´s the first one understandable, if second one, why?
-It´s not What You Push, It´s What Pushes You. Shine On You Crazy Diamond!-
 Millo
Top TG player

Postby  SouFire » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:31 pm

^I think i read somewhere that villagers can now garrison into rams, so thats why when you right click it the villagers gets inside, its annoying but you get used to click the repair command instead.
 SouFire

1873 (52%)

Postby  wattle » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:36 pm

It's the same as with transportships in AoC, because you are able to garrison you need to use the repair-hotkey to repair.
I like the possibility to garrison vills into rams, however if I had to choose I would prefer the repair-action to be default for rightclick. Don't think I've seen a game with vills garrisoned into rams.
 wattle

Postby  Tocaraca » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:09 am

31 Jan 2018, 21:36 GMT » wattle wrote:
It's the same as with transportships in AoC, because you are able to garrison you need to use the repair-hotkey to repair.
I like the possibility to garrison vills into rams, however if I had to choose I would prefer the repair-action to be default for rightclick. Don't think I've seen a game with vills garrisoned into rams.

Vills can repair a ram, then when they are about to get killed, they can garrison in the ram for protection, then once the enemy units/towers start attacking something else, they can hop back out of the ram and continue repairing it. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
 Tocaraca

1618 (47%)

Previous

Return to General AoE2HD Discussion