Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.

Hotkey delay issues

Take part in AoE2HD discussions, share strategies and gaming experience
Advertisement from Google 

Hotkey delay issues

Postby  blizzopop » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:23 pm

Hello All,
I have been having frustrating problem and I wonder if anyone has had the issue and has a solution. I am playing on steam HD. When I try to build something with a hotkey, there is always a few second delay before I can place the building. For example, right at the beginning of the game, when I hotkey to build a house, I see the graphic but it takes a few seconds before I can place the house. I can click like three or for times before it gets placed. This delay also happens when I try to click on a unit production building and use a hotkey to build a unit out of it. I don't think it's lag because it happens on one player and it's always the same delay. Also, I can click the building with my mouse and place it right away. Arg, it's really frustrating. Help!
 blizzopop

Re: Hotkey delay issues

Postby  buddy__1 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:37 am

I dont have this problem at all, and to me it sounds like lag.

You say it happens in singleplayer too, so then it sounds to me like your pc is really bad.

Aoe2HD on steam is not as well optimized as it should, and is kind of a demanding game even if its decades old.

You could always try to play on voobly instead, as for some reason voobly is less demanding of your pc. You could also buy a new pc lol.

Good luck
 buddy__1

Postby  r0b0v » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:00 pm

I doubt it is lag or performance problem of HD version when it works without problem with mouse and there is big delay only with hotkeys.
I have no clue, but in such case I would check the keyboard in other programs, check if there are some hotkey conflicts in AOE or mainly if there isn't some keyboard program running causing the problem (change keyboard for test, check running services,..).
 r0b0v

Postby  WIGARUS » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:36 pm

I used to have a similar problem playing on voobly. If it is the same as what my issue was it is something to do with the key press being activated on either key press down or once the key is released.

I'm pretty sure they fixed the problem I was having in userpatch but before it was fixed I used a workaround somebody posted which was an autohotkey script - viewtopic.php?f=7&t=128115&p=511549&hilit=autohotkey#p511549

Hope this helps?
 WIGARUS

Postby  Tocaraca » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:06 am

Maybe it's a problem with your keyboard and mouse?
 Tocaraca

1559 (46%)

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  blizzopop » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:01 pm

Thanks for the great suggestions. I tried a different keyboard and ran the autohotkey script but the delay is the same. Any other ideas?
 blizzopop

Postby  blizzopop » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:36 pm

Do you guys know anyone else I could ask or who might know?
 blizzopop

Postby  Little_Jacob » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:04 pm

Can you make a test on voobly and post if the issue is the same there?
 Little_Jacob

Return to General AoE2HD Discussion