Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.

RANT ABOUT KHMER BEING **** SHIT

Take part in AoE2HD discussions, share strategies and gaming experience
Advertisement from Google 

RANT ABOUT KHMER BEING **** SHIT

Postby  Tocaraca » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:53 am

As some of you know I have a massive gigantic hard-on for Scorpions and defended Khmer before. Scorps are 100% the coolest and most fun unit in the game and Khmer have the best and coolest scorps. I've always thought they were viable and balanced, just situational.

However I recently found that Khmer have NOTHING against civs with good Siege Onagers in the late game.

What the **** are you supposed to do against Drill Siege Onagers which you literally cannot escape from because they move faster than your scorps??? Or Ethiopian ones which destroy your entire army in one shot?? Or Celt/Teuton ones which never die no matter how many **** Hussars you send in?? Or Korean ones which hit you from 10000 miles away and have so little minimum range that all of your melee units get flattened???

Bombard Cannons don't work that well at sniping Siege Onagers unlike you have god tier attack ground micro (and assuming the attack ground doesn't just bug out like it sometimes does) and even if you do your opponent can still get a single good shot in and kill all of your scorps, and units like Hussars to try and kill the SOs just die instantly to any halbs or mangudai etc defending the SOs.

In team games Khmer could go for mass Elite Battle Elephants, but in 1v1 especially with the EBE nerfs, they're **** useless against good siege comps.

Khmer don't even have a better early game than Mongols or other good siege civs so you can't easily stop them before they get to the period of Siege Onagers. It's **** BS. Khmer either need some better eco, and/or the Scorpion line needs to be less completely demolished by a single **** Onager or Bombard Cannon.
 Tocaraca

1618 (47%)

Re: RANT ABOUT KHMER BEING **** SHIT

Postby  Athasos » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:12 am

(I love that)
 Athasos

Postby  Redeagl » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:34 am

Get a God tier micro, scrub.
 Redeagl

Postby  Hearttt » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:37 am

Usually don't want to get into balance stuff as it always ends up in a noob complaints fest, but I'll give my input on this one, which probably represents everyone's thoughts: Khmer are just straight up bad, only situation they are good in is as pocket (actually one of the strongest pocket civs I'd say), but as flank or in 1v1s they literally don't have anything. Their bonuses are neglectable, and scorpions are just not viable in enough situations to compensate for the rest of their tech tree being trash. They don't even get the last armour upgrade on halbs, no arbalest or any unit that will be useful for an easy transition into imp, as if their lack of any eco bonus wasn't enough.
 Hearttt

Postby  gerry » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:12 am

02 Feb 2018, 00:34 GMT » Redeagl wrote:

i looked thru this morons post history,hes been playing since 2001 but only recently stopped playing with cheats.really the lowest of form of aoc life.Amoeba level intelligence.
 gerry

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  Tocaraca » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:28 am

02 Feb 2018, 00:37 GMT » Hearttt wrote:
Usually don't want to get into balance stuff as it always ends up in a noob complaints fest, but I'll give my input on this one, which probably represents everyone's thoughts: Khmer are just straight up bad, only situation they are good in is as pocket (actually one of the strongest pocket civs I'd say), but as flank or in 1v1s they literally don't have anything. Their bonuses are neglectable, and scorpions are just not viable in enough situations to compensate for the rest of their tech tree being trash. They don't even get the last armour upgrade on halbs, no arbalest or any unit that will be useful for an easy transition into imp, as if their lack of any eco bonus wasn't enough.

Agreed. Hscorps need to be better vs onagers
 Tocaraca

1618 (47%)

Postby  Poxo » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:45 am

No, Khmer need something to compensate for a bad eco bonus and a very expensive too strong and at the same time too weak army.

#HUNWHOREHATER

#PrayforSet0

#Believe
 Poxo

1929 (47%)

Postby  Tocaraca » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:51 am

02 Feb 2018, 01:45 GMT » Poxo wrote:
No, Khmer need something to compensate for a bad eco bonus and a very expensive too strong and at the same time too weak army.

Their eco bonus isn't bad they just haven't got anything to follow it up with

For example, their FC on Arena is pretty good but there's no Atonement for them so they can't really smush afterwards, and their UU in early castle age is out of the question (apart from cutting trees).
 Tocaraca

1618 (47%)

Postby  Redeagl » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:56 am

02 Feb 2018, 01:12 GMT » gerry wrote:

i looked thru this morons post history,hes been playing since 2001 but only recently stopped playing with cheats.really the lowest of form of aoc life.Amoeba level intelligence.

Best of 5 anytime. And FYI, I didn't play since December which makes me very rusty, but that's still at least twice as good as you can possibly be.
 Redeagl

Postby  gerry » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:08 am

02 Feb 2018, 01:56 GMT » Redeagl wrote:
  02 Feb 2018, 01:12 GMT » gerry wrote:

Best of 5 anytime. And FYI, I didn't play since December which makes me very rusty, but that's still at least twice as good as you can possibly be.

lol why would i want to play against a nub who uses cheats?dont care buddy.
 gerry

Next

Return to General AoE2HD Discussion