Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.

RANT ABOUT KHMER BEING **** SHIT

Take part in AoE2HD discussions, share strategies and gaming experience
Advertisement from Google 

Re: RANT ABOUT KHMER BEING **** SHIT

Postby  Poxo » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:30 pm

12 Feb 2018, 21:21 GMT » SteamKing wrote:
but so are elephant archers :lol:

Are they? 11

#HUNWHOREHATER

#PrayforSet0

#Believe
 Poxo

1929 (47%)

Postby  Tocaraca » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:13 pm

12 Feb 2018, 19:33 GMT » patao wrote:
  12 Feb 2018, 01:41 GMT » SteamKing wrote:
I think Khmer are shit because they are centered around a shitty unit: the scorpion. I want that unit to be good so badly but it's objectively just trash.

if you're watching the DM 2v2 tourney, you've seen about 10000 scorpions by now. clearly situational, but definitely not "trash" like missionaries or whatever

Missionaries have situational viablilty.

IMO the problem with scorps is not really anything with the unit itself, but with how the Khmer don’t have any other good options for late game comp except battle eles. Heavy Scorpions are situational; they’re perfectly viable when your opponent just has regular Onagers, it’s just when the opponent has Siege Onagers and/or some onager bonus that scorps become kinda useless.
 Tocaraca

1618 (47%)

Postby  SteamKing » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:13 pm

12 Feb 2018, 21:30 GMT » Poxo wrote:

Are they? 11

In my experience army composition becomes less of a factor the further ahead you are in economy. This is in my 16xx shitter elo though so don't quote me on it :lol:
 SteamKing

Postby  Tocaraca » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:14 pm

12 Feb 2018, 21:30 GMT » Poxo wrote:

Are they? 11

Yes... ele archers are the most pop efficient archers in the game. They nullify Arbalests, and they tank loads of Siege Onagers shots. Niche unit.
 Tocaraca

1618 (47%)

Postby  malamadre » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:30 pm

Khemer can get decent monks rush on arena, 24 or 25 castle age. Ramming wall sub 16 minutes.
 malamadre

1780 (54%)

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  Tocaraca » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:20 am

12 Feb 2018, 22:30 GMT » malamadre wrote:
Khemer can get decent monks rush on arena, 24 or 25 castle age. Ramming wall sub 16 minutes.

OK, then what?

No Atonement means other Monks can beat the smush easily unless they die to the sub 16 minute ram (which will probably not happen).

After you do the fast smush... that was the height of their bonuses right there. Afterwards Khmer have no eco bonus; completely generic

Their early imp sucks with lots of techs missing. Arbalest, Champion, Paladin, Hussar, Two-Man Saw, Block Printing etc.

Really the only time Khmer are top tier is team game pocket, which is unreliable because in a team game you don't always get pocket, and on flank the Khmer are mediocre.

Khmer getting Atonement and Block Printing would make them at least mid tier on Arena (right now they're low tier, some pros even say they're the worst), and giving them something like Thumb Ring and/or Arbalest would give them some early imp power.
 Tocaraca

1618 (47%)

Postby  TriRem » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:50 am

Give Khmers thumb ring so they can go cav archers and have a nicer transition in imp. I don't thing they need much else. Personally I would change a couple of other things but that would be a more drastic change for the civ.
 TriRem

Postby  Tocaraca » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:25 am

13 Feb 2018, 00:50 GMT » TriRem wrote:
Give Khmers thumb ring so they can go cav archers and have a nicer transition in imp. I don't thing they need much else. Personally I would change a couple of other things but that would be a more drastic change for the civ.

Yes, that and Atonement and maybe Block Printing. Their smush could be good but it just isn't because of the lack of those techs
 Tocaraca

1618 (47%)

Postby  SouFire » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:03 am

No way, enough monk civs already, leave khmers the way they are, did u see lierey the other day the mighty sneak couldn't do shit against fully torqued khmer wing.
 SouFire

1873 (52%)

Postby  Tocaraca » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:22 am

13 Feb 2018, 03:03 GMT » SouFire wrote:
No way, enough monk civs already, leave khmers the way they are, did u see lierey the other day the mighty sneak couldn't do shit against fully torqued khmer wing.

Stop sucking the Khmer's *** dude, everyone (in the pro scene) agrees that Khmer are not fine the way they are.

Having Atonement doesn't make you a Monk civ, it just makes you viable on Arena. If you don't have a good unique unit (Khmer do not, Ballista Elephants are niche) then you have to have a decent smush or a really good boom otherwise you are bottom tier. That's exactly what Khmer are, bottom tier. Persians at least have a very good boom, Mongols at least have a useable unique unit, Portuguese at least have a decent smush. On Arena, there's nothing as bad as a civ with a bad smush, bad unique unit, and only a decent boom (they get extra wood from their FC which helps a lot at the start but that's where their bonuses end).
 Tocaraca

1618 (47%)

PreviousNext

Return to General AoE2HD Discussion