Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.

RANT ABOUT KHMER BEING **** SHIT

Take part in AoE2HD discussions, share strategies and gaming experience
Advertisement from Google 

Re: RANT ABOUT KHMER BEING **** SHIT

Postby  TriRem » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:06 am

Not saying that either side is right or wrong, but one game is not an absolute proof of one civ's balance. You can't jump to conclusions just because one player outplayed the other, otherwise I'm sure I can find games that proves that Vietnamese are a better than Aztecs in 1v1 Arabia.
 TriRem

Postby  Tocaraca » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:07 pm

14 Feb 2018, 03:55 GMT » SouFire wrote:
  13 Feb 2018, 03:22 GMT » Tocaraca wrote:
  13 Feb 2018, 03:03 GMT » SouFire wrote:
No way, enough monk civs already, leave khmers the way they are, did u see lierey the other day the mighty sneak couldn't do shit against fully torqued khmer wing.

Stop sucking the Khmer's *** dude, everyone (in the pro scene) agrees that Khmer are not fine the way they are.

Having Atonement doesn't make you a Monk civ, it just makes you viable on Arena. If you don't have a good unique unit (Khmer do not, Ballista Elephants are niche) then you have to have a decent smush or a really good boom otherwise you are bottom tier. That's exactly what Khmer are, bottom tier. Persians at least have a very good boom, Mongols at least have a useable unique unit, Portuguese at least have a decent smush. On Arena, there's nothing as bad as a civ with a bad smush, bad unique unit, and only a decent boom (they get extra wood from their FC which helps a lot at the start but that's where their bonuses end).

Why would i? there are not higher level than lierey and viper right now, lierey owned viper as wing with khmers, i don't need expert opinions or urs when i have facts and evidence 8-) also that game had minimal intervention from the pkt so go and study it and see what lierey did with them, i didn't see lierey complaining like any other expert would have done, he even got the maximum power of them, there was nothing viper could have done or his team mates to aid him, it is the same like in aoc with sara or koreans.

Link to game plz?
 Tocaraca

1618 (47%)

Postby  dodageka » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:14 pm

I just took a closer look at Khmer again, and they actually seem to be quite ok overall - good water (almost full techtree, and not having to build a barrack can come in handy for landings, however missing two-men-saw), even though there is no real bonus

On land they have best elephants, gunpowder, best scorpions, siege ram, good eco and blacksmith upgrades, fu cavaliers

Overall not the best, but also not completely out of options. They will probably do bad against SOs (especially with monks and halbs), but aoe2 will never work the way that every civ can beat any other civ - and Khmer have their strengths in TG and DM
 dodageka

Postby  Sieter » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:30 pm

Im only afraid spiders. Time ago i have 2 killer snake, and in shoop i wanna buy one scorpion (always love egxotic animals), so i said to boss give me this one, mayby if he run and hit me i will not die 11. And i remember like it was be today he said me if hes the smaller the more venomous, the biggest ones are usually dangerous, I never checked if it was true and I did not buy it
"memento mori"
- Everyday, every time, try always life, like this day will be ur last. Love people. Remember about death, she will never forget about You.
 Sieter
Warning Level 1

Postby  Tocaraca » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:58 pm

14 Feb 2018, 18:30 GMT » Sieter wrote:
Im only afraid spiders. Time ago i have 2 killer snake, and in shoop i wanna buy one scorpion (always love egxotic animals), so i said to boss give me this one, mayby if he run and hit me i will not die 11. And i remember like it was be today he said me if hes the smaller the more venomous, the biggest ones are usually dangerous, I never checked if it was true and I did not buy it

Tocaraca

1618 (47%)

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  Tocaraca » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:17 pm

14 Feb 2018, 17:14 GMT » dodageka wrote:
I just took a closer look at Khmer again, and they actually seem to be quite ok overall - good water

Lol what? Khmer are one of the worst water civs due to no eco bonus. The no building requirement is useless since a Dock doesn't have a prerequisite anyway, and the house bonus probably isn't helpful on water because it's mostly water fighting, not land.

On land they have best elephants, gunpowder, best scorpions, siege ram, good eco and blacksmith upgrades, fu cavaliers

Good eco? I assume you're talking about a closed map where they can do a really good fast castle because of their no building requirements. That's true, but that's the height of their bonuses; after that they don't have any economy bonus. So other civs with lasting eco bonuses will catch up fast. Other civs have something to back up the good fast castle. A civ like Malay has good Monks, a civ like Mongols at least has a decent unique unit, a civ like Vikings at least has good Crossbowmen, etc. Khmer have none of those.

They may have the best scorps, but mass Heavy Scorpions simply aren't viable against a Siege Onager civ

Siege Ram is good though, people should use them as Khmer more.
 Tocaraca

1618 (47%)

Previous

Return to General AoE2HD Discussion