Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.

X-Patch?

Take part in AoC discussions, share strategies and gaming experience
Advertisement from Google 

X-Patch?

Postby  Rgeadn » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:08 pm

Hey guys

I've just been shown something called x-patch
http://x-patch.pe.hu/about
http://www.voobly.com/gamemods/mod/713/X-Patch

Maybe I just missed or forgot about it but it seems like there are a lot of good fixes

eg
mayan vils not working slower on farms
onger shots being slower with chemistry researched

I haven't seen these changes on the UP changelog unless i'm just not seeing it

Why is this mod not more popular? Is it because of the added balance changes on top of the bug fixes?
 Rgeadn

1965 (49%)

Re: X-Patch?

Postby  kw1k000000 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:13 pm

12 Dec 2017, 18:08 GMT » Rgeadn wrote:
Hey guys

I've just been shown something called x-patch

Either you are trolling or you were living under a rock for last one year. Its not used because many changes are controversial and also WK is the default "new" balance patch now. There is no space for a 3rd balance patch.
ImageAll hail, the king of aoc! Image

Tyrant_DauT
 kw1k000000

1703 (53%)

Postby  Rgeadn » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:19 pm

I was living under a rock yes, only recently got back into things

Also I meant just the Core Fixes, not the balance changes

All the core fixes should be in UP imo
 Rgeadn

1965 (49%)

Postby  scotia_pict » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:20 pm

'Scotia 1k aoczone user? :ugeek:'

scotia_pict

Postby  Rgeadn » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:21 pm

12 Dec 2017, 18:20 GMT » scotia_pict wrote:

I looked for xpatch/x-patch on aoczone and it didn't show any useful results, just some old xpatchagex2 from years ago ;sneaky
 Rgeadn

1965 (49%)

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  scotia_pict » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:25 pm

12 Dec 2017, 18:21 GMT » Rgeadn wrote:
  12 Dec 2017, 18:20 GMT » scotia_pict wrote:

I looked for xpatch/x-patch on aoczone and it didn't show any useful results, just some old xpatchagex2 from years ago ;sneaky

scotia_pict

Postby  Influenza » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:27 pm

It's not more popular because it's an optional patch. The only way to get much needed balance fixes into the game is by forcing it down people's throats.

It's not incorporated into 1.5 patch because those patches are for increasing the quality of the game that everyone can agree on and not directly touching the balance. (It does of course affect the balance as well, like decreasing command response time giving massive boost to all ranged units.)

The benefit of the HD team being officially supported is that they can make these kind of balance changes unilaterally. They of course went in the opposite direction and made it a less balanced game, but the possibility is there. Would even a single expert give their seal of approval on all the huge changes to the eagle warrior? Really doubt it.
StressedOut: u guys are like husbandry and wife
 Influenza

Postby  Rgeadn » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:35 pm

Yeah I get not wanting another balance patch, the only reason people put up with some of the balance of WK is the fact that there are cool new civs and units. If it were just a new balance patch without the new civs people wouldn't give it a 2nd look.

Hopefully some of the core fixes make it into the game, it nerfs monks so I imagine that you would like it :geek:
 Rgeadn

1965 (49%)

Postby  Brainless » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:23 pm

12 Dec 2017, 18:27 GMT » Influenza wrote:
It's not more popular because it's an optional patch. The only way to get much needed balance fixes into the game is by forcing it down people's throats.

or.. by wrapping it into a nice package, whith lots and lots of attractive new stuff and offer it as a take-all-or-leave-it opportunity that you can not refuse. And call it something weird like wololo kingsdoms
be like brainless
be brave
beat barbie
 Brainless

Postby  Influenza » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:14 am

12 Dec 2017, 21:23 GMT » Brainless wrote:
  12 Dec 2017, 18:27 GMT » Influenza wrote:

or.. by wrapping it into a nice package, whith lots and lots of attractive new stuff and offer it as a take-all-or-leave-it opportunity that you can not refuse. And call it something weird like wololo kingsdoms

I had told one of the organizers of the x-patch that the only way to get it popularly used was to somehow convince userpatch team to include some of the obvious balance changes and move forward from there. That was quite awhile before wololo was a thing though. Now the best way would be to try to convince cysion and co. to do the same.
StressedOut: u guys are like husbandry and wife
 Influenza

Next

Return to General AoC Discussion