Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.

Realms Expansion

Take part in AoC discussions, share strategies and gaming experience

Would there be an intrest in a Realms Tournament?

Yes
25%
No
75%

Total votes : 52

Advertisement from Google 

Re: Realms Expansion

Postby  GmanStreams » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:34 pm

Or people dont like realms but they do like WK and therefore play that?
 GmanStreams

Postby  Clemensor » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:53 pm

18 Jan 2018, 14:23 GMT » Deathcounter wrote:
I agree with everything you said, its some sort of sickness of this community. Maybe the community is used to play nothing but AOC, i mean they play the same game for roughly 18 year now.
I think WK is played a lot because the HD player cant stand HD any longer with its bugs...And since they play the expansions on voobly, their is some sort of chain reaction going on at the moment

Its not really a sickness it is inevitable in the given circumstances.WK and the official expansions are the first ones ot actually break the dominance of AoC and that is because they gained a huge following on steam and allowed a huge chunk of the now very active playerbase to familiarise themselves with it. Secondly it has the status of an officially backed expanion, which helped in getting early sponsored tournaments organised on HD which then finally moved to Voobly through WK. With money tournaments come big players, with them their fanbase and more credibility. Keep in mind FE although it had quite a big hype at first also never really cought on until the official HD and steam support.
 Clemensor

Postby  Rorarimbo » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:16 pm

What ppl said sofar but to me persobally the problem is its not an addition on WK its an alternative so it cant work for me and I believe many others. WK with all its content is official while Realms is somwhat of an alternative. Asif Forgotten would not be on top of AoC but instead. Yes I think Realms is developed first comparted to AoAK and RoR but in the situation we are now its an alternative not an edition.
 Rorarimbo

Postby  Deathcounter » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:20 am

18 Jan 2018, 14:34 GMT » GmanStreams wrote:
Or people dont like realms but they do like WK and therefore play that?

They don't like Realms based on what? Based on that's not official or that it's not wololo? You can't simply judge or compare something that you have never seen once and i believe less then 5% of WK players know that realms even exists. It's just that realms doesn't have the financial possibilities to advertise itself.
  Rorarimbo wrote:
Asif Forgotten would not be on top of AoC but instead.

But its on top of AoC and Forgotten Empires (+Balance of the first African Kingdom version) if i understood your meaning correctly. And if you denied anything that hasn't been made by Microsoft you would have to play Aoc without any mods or Userpatch
Last edited by  Deathcounter on Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Realms Expansion: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wqCnV4RhWn-VzFSSPH_ldz0nNQfC6ifjTrRHVHvgvfI/edit#gid=90185190
 Deathcounter

Postby  Skittle » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:27 am

no one tries it because no one plays it. it's a vicious circle which you can only break with some big sponsored tournaments ;)
 Skittle

2104 (64%)

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  Rorarimbo » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:46 am

Im not deniying anything I am trying to explain why it does not work for me. If it was on top of AoC+AoF + AoAK + RoR for me would be great. It is now alternative of the last two expansion not addition. Thats it. I know this means reworking it completely so I dont demand it.
 Rorarimbo

Postby  HyunAOP » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:24 pm

Dutch have pretty cool farms.
 HyunAOP

Postby  Deathcounter » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:43 pm

20 Jan 2018, 09:27 GMT » Skittle wrote:
no one tries it because no one plays it. it's a vicious circle which you can only break with some big sponsored tournaments ;)

See poll, but i am ready to atleast make some sort of mini event, or mini tournament if there is a demand. Another way would be streamers but they seem not to care (with a few exceptions ofc, thanks to Tatoh, F1re and klavskis). Well i can understand that they dont care, i am not mad at any streamer for not trying it. WK is also new for them so they have to get into this first, and maybe only this :/
  Rorarimbo wrote:
Im not deniying anything I am trying to explain why it does not work for me. If it was on top of AoC+AoF + AoAK + RoR for me would be great. It is now alternative of the last two expansion not addition. Thats it. I know this means reworking it completely so I dont demand it.

Yeah well its your choice. And if Realms would be included on top of AK and RotR there would be only 8 civs left of 17. The other 9 have (maybe copied) simularities of the 8 new civs of AK and RotR
  HyunAOP wrote:
Dutch have pretty cool farms.

Finally farms have the same size as mills, atleast for one civ :mrgreen: but its hard to reseed them :/
Realms Expansion: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wqCnV4RhWn-VzFSSPH_ldz0nNQfC6ifjTrRHVHvgvfI/edit#gid=90185190
 Deathcounter

Postby  Usic » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:01 pm

The fact that people seem to hate modders makes me scared to make my own.
 Usic

Postby  TriRem » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:58 pm

15 Feb 2018, 15:01 GMT » Usic wrote:
The fact that people seem to hate modders makes me scared to make my own.

Never seen any hate towards modders, nor I have seen any modded complaining about hate towards their mod or themselves.
 TriRem

PreviousNext

Return to General AoC Discussion