Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.

Windows 10 AoC Lag

Take part in AoC discussions, share strategies and gaming experience
Advertisement from Google 

Re: Windows 10 AoC Lag

Postby  BruZi » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:48 pm

Maybe that helps the folks using win10: https://ageofnotes.com/resolve-issues/a ... indows-10/
 BruZi

Postby  Nick_ » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:52 pm

So using the 1 monitor only is a confirmed fix for me, pretty lame but oh well.
 Nick_

Postby  JoshuaR » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:16 am

01 Feb 2018, 22:48 GMT » BruZi wrote:
Maybe that helps the folks using win10: https://ageofnotes.com/resolve-issues/a ... indows-10/

This seems a little extreme... Disable windows defender and replace it with avast? I imagine that would only slow down performance and weaken your system's protection from all the malware that this guide then says to search for and destroy with a number of third party programs. Disabling windows updates... to put your system more at risk of above.

The first part regarding preferred settings and such is helpful, though, even if I still don't really understand what all those options mean (why do steam users need precision scrolling? etc.). Thanks for sharing.
 JoshuaR

Postby  SouFire » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:19 am

So the problem is due higher refresh rate in displays, or because windows or the gpu driver have troubles running both screens at the same high frame rate?

Because if that is then just change the refresh rate in both displays while playing aoc to 60 hz.
 SouFire

1873 (52%)

Postby  BruZi » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:12 am

01 Feb 2018, 23:16 GMT » MalignantMet wrote:

This seems a little extreme... Disable windows defender and replace it with avast? I imagine that would only slow down performance and weaken your system's protection from all the malware that this guide then says to search for and destroy with a number of third party programs. Disabling windows updates... to put your system more at risk of above.

I actually didn't read the content of that link, I just remembered that the owner of this blog (he is a forum member) had written a post entirely about aoe2 + win10.
(why do steam users need precision scrolling? etc.)

Yeah I don't understand this either. :D
 BruZi

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  F1Re__ » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:27 am

feels horrible to even alt tab the game. When you are streaming ? Impossible mission :( Windows 7 is coming i guess ggg
 F1Re__
Top Player

2346 (60%)

Postby  CZ_Mango » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:30 pm

Do you have AMD Ryzen processor? Because the incompatibitlity between ryzen, win 10 and aoc is what made me stop plaing aoc on my new computer. Im keeping the old one with win7 just for aoc and doing everything else on the new pc because aoc on the new one is just impossible to play. It just feels laggy all the time. No matter what fixes I did It never felt like on win7. I think Millo had the similar issue.
 CZ_Mango

2000 (63%)

Postby  Millo » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:15 pm

You won´t be able to fix it if u have Ryzen CPU, I literally tried all. Had to patch windows 7(due to unrecognized mouse/keyboards drivers during install process, it lacks of a big ammount of support though) and install it, also for forbidden Hardware there´s a patch on github to download IF you got Ryzen so you won´t get the incompatibility messege every 5 minutes(which is fake, it was made this way to kill Windows 7 and adopt W10, and avoid same Windows XP long-live problem, Microsoft keeps making this to cut support to old OS´s beause it´s a "big" cost for a no revenue old Software). If you got an intel CPU of 7th gen and you want to install Windows 7 you will have to go threw same process to make an usb boot device with the usb drivers to be detected, it´s not that hard if you are willing to install back W7 and u got one of this CPU´s give me a shout I can help.

Windows 10 is a superior OS, but AoC is AoC <3.
-It´s not What You Push, It´s What Pushes You. Shine On You Crazy Diamond!-
 Millo
Top TG player

Postby  klavskisLV » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:39 pm

Amm, idk about you, but i don't really have the "disable hardware acceleration" on, because i had some lag issues while streaming, and when i turned off the option"disable hardware accaleration" it all went 10x smoother..
[18:02]<[_SY_]Yo__> up klav
[18:02]<[_SY_]Lyx> 1
[18:02]<[_SY_]Lyx> up
 klavskisLV

Postby  FillemUp » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:06 pm

02 Feb 2018, 19:39 GMT » klavskisLV wrote:

Amm, idk about you, but i don't really have the "disable hardware acceleration" on, because i had some lag issues while streaming, and when i turned off the option"disable hardware accaleration" it all went 10x smoother..
Ever since 1.5 was introduced the disable function for hardware acceleration became more or less unnecessary

Btw have you guys tried running AoC via GPU scaling instead? I personally do not use window mode because everything feels like playing AoC on ice. It's hard to control units. Therefore I just run it in full screen mode via GPU scaling (aspect ratio). Feels at least better for me that way. I also noticed selecting "hide window title bar and move window to 0px, 0px" and "lock cursor inside game window" makes a difference too despite not being in window mode lol. Then again, I'm on win7
 FillemUp

PreviousNext

Return to General AoC Discussion