Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.

Most notable/respected clans in AoE 2 history

Take part in AoC discussions, share strategies and gaming experience
Advertisement from Google 

Most notable/respected clans in AoE 2 history

Postby  rimu » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:05 pm

TyRanT
L_Clan
BsK
SY
RVK
MysT
VNS
Arch
CNS
PL
TsC
CsI
AiR
StorM
ThuG
Tsu
CSC
CKF
CNA
HyM
DnB
Zilla
 rimu

1675 (53%)

Re: Most notable/respected clans in AoE 2 history

Postby  rimu » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:07 pm

agree?
 rimu

1675 (53%)

Postby  edie » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:10 pm

Is it listed in order ? Where is poZ ? Definitely a top 5 of all times for the history and achievement
<CGA_Cataclysm lost>
<DraCoNT won>
<http://www.voobly.com/match/view/16923183>
<PMR_Keif> Metal give me your account, I know how to calm this lizard

[20:00] [Frantic]SOBIGDIAO says:
U KING

[14:21] poZ_edie says:
do u have facebook?
[14:21] poZ_Tammy says:
i dont play this game ..
 edie
Top 1v1 player

2222 (56%)

Postby  rimu » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:12 pm

09 Feb 2018, 11:10 GMT » edie wrote:
Is it listed in order ? Where is poZ ? Definitely a top 5 of all times for the history and achievement

I forgot poZ! thank you for remembering them! no, not really ordered, just the not-really-random order that came to my mind :)
 rimu

1675 (53%)

Postby  Jokko » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:16 pm

Nowadays people only respect [TyRanT], but in the past there were strong feared clans too. No one wanted to play against L_Clan in WCL, as it was almost certainly death... Only BsK and MysT could stand them and even when MysT won it was replayed because of lag, and then they lost. L_Clan used to dominate, together with BsK... Sadly, L_Clan prestige vanished and now it's only a ceremonial clan.
 Jokko

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  Juvenal » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:30 pm

i don't really know about clanrelatedness in aoe, but often it seems imo that this is just kinda title in front of the username and nothing more. i always thought clans have sth like a family feeling. what i mean is that clans just form up for big tournaments and besides that there are some friendships but that's it.

but i heard that's the same in many other big e-sport games as well, so i guess this is nothing out of ordinary.
 Juvenal

Postby  Manu » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:34 pm

Missing Nabs too ?
 Manu

Postby  Slaiter » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:40 pm

09 Feb 2018, 11:30 GMT » Juvenal wrote:
i don't really know about clanrelatedness in aoe, but often it seems imo that this is just kinda title in front of the username and nothing more. i always thought clans have sth like a family feeling. what i mean is that clans just form up for big tournaments and besides that there are some friendships but that's it.

but i heard that's the same in many other big e-sport games as well, so i guess this is nothing out of ordinary.

I dont know much about clans in AoE2 but in other games it's not just a tag, specially team games. When you want to compete to keep increasing your level, you join a clan where people have same desire as you, as you will be pushing each others to improve, at some point if you become too good, you just jump to the next tier and keep going until you're at top, unless you just want to be a group of friends, in which case more than a competitive clan it's just a friendly clan.

In 1v1 games like starcraft it was often found by 1 expert player (think of him like the superstar) and after that they were recruiting other good players / rookies to train them / with them. You can also play scrims against your teammates and your new strats / recs won't be filtered to the public so you can keep everything private until the moment you use it in a tournament and you can also train a lot of different specific things (think of this like training against trush or 2v1 or more complicated things in aoe2) and keep it more serious. Imo it's not much about clans being useless but the use people give them, but for me personally it's more an advantage than a disadvantage
 Slaiter

Postby  andreskbr » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:15 pm

Wow, only TyranT, SY and VNS are still top level clans nowadays. I hope AM and other new teams keep together and strong for the next years.
 andreskbr

1909 (48%)

Postby  Little_Jacob » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:49 pm

would be cool to see the revival of an old traditional clan, with some new players added
 Little_Jacob

Next

Return to General AoC Discussion