Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.
 Main Menu

ForumsSearch »

SY Nations Cup 2017

King of the Desert

Escape Gaming

Polaris Series

AoC Recorded Games

AoE2HD Recorded Games

AoFE Recorded Games

Major Past Tournaments

Users currently online
Members (39)
»  ebbu
»  mma96
»  Sney
»  Zoso
Guests (100)

AoC Clans Add yours »

Links

Auto downloadedFind »

Ads

GETTING BACK IN SHAPE THIS YEAR

Suggestions for AoCZone website
Advertisement from Google 

Re: GETTING BACK IN SHAPE THIS YEAR

Postby  IvIaximus » Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:55 am

25 Dec 2015, 01:35 GMT » Aguruchi wrote:
A lot of words

Running 5 days a week, weights 4 times a week and swimming 2 times a week seems too much. It will lead to annoyance and frustration and eventually skipping/quitting your workout. It also take a shitload of time. Weights every other day e.g. Mon/Wen/Fri/Sun and then Tue/Thor/Sat during two weeks then repeat circle. And then you may add swimming or running, I would just swimming just because i like it more than running. :oops:
Protein is fine, creatin is useless IMHO.
Emin:
Not going to write one page down to explain how nonsense evolution is. lol
---
[19:10]<BielySokol>What happen?
[19:15]<+[ByT]Poxo> sorry, **** up start and cat starting throwing up in the table
 IvIaximus

Postby  Ator » Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:40 pm

If you want to get rid of your fat you should running on a lower rythm than actually you're doing.
Are you running before having breakfast? That helps a lot, but you should know that you lose way more fat but you will lose muscle too.
I prefer running over swimming, more or less I did calculate it and you burn almost the same calories swimming 1km than 4km running. In this case I would prefer cycling, you can do it for longer time and you rarely get into a rythm that body get used to it (if you have to go uphill you need to make more effort, downhill you can relax a bit) and thats good too.
 Ator
Top 1v1 player

Postby  Aguruchi » Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:14 pm

I'm running b4 breakfast, yes. The body is in a catabolic state and attacks fat easier.
I'm not gonna be losing muscle if I run. That's an old bodybuilding myth. Especially after a good (protein-based) breakfast/shake right after.
Same calories 1km swimming to 4km running? Cannot compare, it depends on the pace.
Cannot cycle. Winter is coming. (had to say that).
@Madmax
Why frustration? It's only 3 f**in' months. I've done it b4, I can do it again. Y do you think creatine is useless?
"I know only one thing. That I know nothing.''
Socrates. 2,5 milleniums ago.
 Aguruchi

Postby  woodynator » Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:58 pm

creatine is the bombdiggety. its medically used to strenghten bones back up when you f.e. broke your leg. its that heavy of a supplement...
 woodynator

1750 (56%)

Postby  argus_panoptes » Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:06 pm

25 Dec 2015, 19:58 GMT » woodynator wrote:
creatine is the bombdiggety. its medically used to strenghten bones back up when you f.e. broke your leg. its that heavy of a supplement...

Yeah, also good for study and playing aoe2
  » Rein wrote:
  » Gary Internet wrote:
Please post your recs.

How can they post recs off an AW?
 argus_panoptes

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  Aguruchi » Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:27 am

25 Dec 2015, 19:58 GMT » woodynator wrote:

Creatine is sth your own body can and does create. If you don't overdo it and act like an idiot, it's not gonna do any harm.
 Aguruchi

Postby  IvIaximus » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:13 am

25 Dec 2015, 17:14 GMT » Aguruchi wrote:
@Madmax
Why frustration? It's only 3 f**in' months. I've done it b4, I can do it again. Y do you think creatine is useless?

Simply overtraining. Also if you lower your demands you can quite easily keep working out even if u become parent, but not with this amount of exercise.
Creatine is useless if you are planning to stop after 3 months.
Emin:
Not going to write one page down to explain how nonsense evolution is. lol
---
[19:10]<BielySokol>What happen?
[19:15]<+[ByT]Poxo> sorry, **** up start and cat starting throwing up in the table
 IvIaximus

Postby  Aguruchi » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:05 am

26 Dec 2015, 07:13 GMT » MadMax wrote:
  25 Dec 2015, 17:14 GMT » Aguruchi wrote:
@Madmax

Simply overtraining. Also if you lower your demands you can quite easily keep working out even if u become parent, but not with this amount of exercise.
Creatine is useless if you are planning to stop after 3 months.

Makes sense.
(Not planning to stop after 3 months, just slow down.)
 Aguruchi

Postby  argus_panoptes » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:47 am

One thing Im gonna add to this: Creatine isnt for getting slim - youll be noticeably 'puffier'.

Creatine is not useless, its really good for helping you manage the workload you take on. You all talk as if improving is easy but its not so take all the help you can get (ie: creo). My anecdotal experience is from about 50 lads I know who have been taking it on and off for since they were about 15, best supplement in existence imo.
  » Rein wrote:
  » Gary Internet wrote:
Please post your recs.

How can they post recs off an AW?
 argus_panoptes

Postby  von_miguel » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:40 pm

Whatever you end up doing exercise-wise, find a way that u can keep doing even after your baby has born. Consistency is a key factor in success, which im sure you know well seeing you said you have a good background. So in that sense I am abit :roll: when you say you have only three months.

So, like I said, find a way to fit your training into your life even after your baby is born. Im an advocate of bodyweight training aswell, like someone already suggested, because of (but not limited to) a few key facts.

1. You arent tied a certain place and someone else's schedule.
2. Staying lean is actually easier with bwt because your body is the resistance, and therefore any extra flubber will just hinder your performance, and the body is smart. U can always do fe. heavy lat pulldowns even with quite a bit extra, doing pull-ups in the same condition is ten times harder.

Theres more great things about bwt, but this is not the place to praise one method over another, its just a matter of personal preference after all. Should you want to discuss about it or any other shit, we can continue elsewhere.

Nutritionwise, dont fall into the trap of categorizing foods as "bad" or "good". Diet should give you joy, energy and make you feel well, not cause stress and become a necessary evil.

Less is more.
<INeedMoney> i whent to gym done 40 kilo bank press

<INeedMoney> thoughjt i was dying
 von_miguel

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions