Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.
 Main Menu

ForumsSearch »

Masters of Arena 5

Battle of Africa

The Legacy Cup 2

Recurring Series

AoC Recorded Games

AoE2HD Recorded Games

AoFE Recorded Games

Major Past Tournaments

Users currently online
Members (19)
»  Janik
»  Sney
»  Zuppi
Guests (59)

AoC Clans Add yours »

Links

Auto downloadedFind »

Ads

WOLOLO kingdoms forum

Suggestions for AoCZone website
Advertisement from Google 

Re: WOLOLO kingdoms forum

Postby  swissboyy » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:47 pm

27 Nov 2017, 18:13 GMT » Jineapple wrote:
You could condense it to one "General Aoc Discussion" and one "General expansions discussion". Neither the AoE2HD nor the AoFE dicussion subforums are used that often.

Just make it something like

+ Articles & News
+ Age of Empires
- General Discussion
- Tournaments
- Recorded Games
+ Offtopic (everything not Age of Empires)

Boom, done.
Masters of Arena 2 & 3
Masters of MegaRandom
King of the Desert

paypal.me/swissboyy
 swissboyy

Postby  pumukel » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:33 am

Thanks for the inputs, brainstorming is welcome!

Working on AoCZone's structure as a whole is a big deal, none of the current staff seems to have the time or motivation or priorities to address this at the moment, especially not all at the same time. But we are aware of the shortcomings.

If you think you are the person AoCZone staff lacks for the task, please consider this: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=108715
 pumukel
Admin

Postby  Brainless » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:22 pm

it makes sense to have 1 sections for every version of the game.

for example, often questions are posted like: how do i counter this or that unit, without mentioning which game version. It really makes a difference. It will be a confusing mess if topics like this get mixed up. Then there are balance topics, tech questions all related to the game type. Better keep it sorted.
As long as you have the "view new posts" it does not harm either.
be like brainless
be brave
beat barbie
 Brainless

Postby  JoshuaR » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:35 am

I dunno, I think it makes sense to keep things sorted for individual events (KotD vs KotH) and the like (though then again most of the posts about these tournaments were in AoC General), or say to keep recorded games organized it makes a ton of sense to have all the little sub-categories, or for strategy.

But if you're asking general strategy suggestions or just discussing a civ/whatever in general, it makes more sense to just have it in one General Discussion area. If you're viewing by New Posts, you're already viewing as ONE GIANT FORUM, so the point about subcategories doesn't stick. If you aren't viewing by New Posts, the chances you'll stumble across an interesting discussion decreases enormously. Say if the question is about Berbers camel archers, should I look/post in General Discussion, a new WK forum, the AK expansion forum, the strategy forum, a strategy sub-forum, reddit, a specific tournament page where the camel archers were used, a specific thread for the player matchup/game where they were used, etc.? Why not just describe which thing your question refers to by writing a better question? (e.g. hey I had a question about camel archers in WK).

I figure similarly to swissboyy.
-General/AoC related: (All game related discussion, whether it's about players, civs, AK, Rajas, 1.0a, whatever)
-General/off topic: (Do you wear socks to bed?)
-Strategy: (for things like build orders/articles)
-Recorded games: (I would break this down into subcategories as is)
-Various tournaments (easier to go back to look up all the stuff that went down in, say NC2009 or whatever, though recognizing people might post about them in the general forum)
-Downloads: I like the organization as-is, since again this is more of a resource area rather than general discussion area
-Streams/Video: Makes sense again as a separate resource.
 JoshuaR

Postby  SouFire » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:37 am

Yeah the name of everything was done for age of conquerors, but now there is a forgotten empires, african kingdoms and rise of rajas, and i don't think calling it wololo kingdoms is a good idea, because that is only a mod, we should leave it as it is or just rename forums to AoE II Expansions/DLC's
 SouFire

1873 (52%)

Previous

Return to Suggestions