Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.
 Main Menu

ForumsSearch »

SY Nations Cup 2017

King of the Desert

Escape Gaming

Polaris Series

AoC Recorded Games

AoE2HD Recorded Games

AoFE Recorded Games

Major Past Tournaments

Users currently online
Members (27)
»  _Ra_
»  ACCM
»  Ator
»  Hico
Guests (127)

AoC Clans Add yours »

Links

Auto downloadedFind »

Ads

Norway [TyRanT]TheViper road to 2k5

Moderator:  fallingstar

Advertisement from Google 

Re: Norway [TyRanT]TheViper road to 2k5

Postby  SouFire » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:14 am

10 Jun 2017, 00:09 GMT » Rayne wrote:
I would say just remove the decay system as well. If for some reason it stays, I would just suggest reducing decay to like -5 or -10 pts if you don't play for 2 weeks. Something smaller than -25. No need to have an ebola virus for ratings.

And like Nicov said, it was all Chris' idea. But when it didn't accomplish what Chris wanted it to, he said he regretted ever suggesting it. So it should be removed tbh 11.

Btw, nice sig men 11.

It was chris idea but supported by viper back then when he was super active, there is no point in have it if the number of experts is not even close to 100, heck even the active experts are not close to 30 players, the decay is like for league of legends with tons of players trying to get higher, but for aoc it is not worth, considering that aoc players are now within 30 old years range, asking them for playing actively is way too much.
 SouFire

1873 (52%)

Postby  Shah_Nadir » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:23 am

There's no way of saying "decay didn't work" without a study, maybe it did and led to thousands of more games played. And no decay might lead to more smurfing. It's also a good system for showing who the -active- top experts are. Or there might be 2.4k rates who haven't played a match in 3 years. Your Voobly profile still states "highest rating" so if you want your achievement on paper it's still there. Playing rated is a good way for up and coming players to prove themselves and also to put some extra tension/excitement in it for established players.
 Shah_Nadir
AoC Icon

Postby  _Ra_ » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:46 am

09 Jun 2017, 12:11 GMT » Mr_Yo wrote:
  09 Jun 2017, 06:49 GMT » _Ra_ wrote:
Some players don't need to decay.

They are 2.2k+ without 20 games/day (talent)

not sure about others , i think decay fits you well tho ;drool

waller
 _Ra_
Top Player

Postby  edu2008 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:45 pm

10 Jun 2017, 08:46 GMT » _Ra_ wrote:
  09 Jun 2017, 12:11 GMT » Mr_Yo wrote:
  09 Jun 2017, 06:49 GMT » _Ra_ wrote:
Some players don't need to decay.

They are 2.2k+ without 20 games/day (talent)

not sure about others , i think decay fits you well tho ;drool

waller

Overrated. not too much high prize competitive match nowadays.
 edu2008

Postby  Gary Internet » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:40 pm

09 Jun 2017, 18:00 GMT » andreskbr wrote:
  08 Jun 2017, 09:51 GMT » Gary Internet wrote:
Just a comment on the games. I’m only really interested in the arena games. I watched Viper vs Keif, Vikings vs Spanish this morning before I went to work. It’s really, really impressive. It’s an instructive game from both points of view. There’s lots to learn. It’s a really solid push by Keif. By no means perfect i.e. Edie level, but he’s really improving. He’s get all 5 relics and really piles on the pressure and squeezes Viper back into the corners of his base. Viper is clinging on, but as we’ve seen him do before, somehow manages to come back. It’s the fact that he counters everything not with a counter unit, but with a combination of units. Small things make a massive difference. He sends Eskirms in against monks and siege to absorb the initial conversions and THEN the light cav go in with Arbalest close behind. Despite Keif having access to lots of gold (even Vipers front gold and all the relics) it’s ultimately Viper that prevails with the eco getting back to 35+ farms from almost nothing when Keif spend most of the game with less than 6 farms. Definitely worth a watch and definitely one that should get the kc_Ereon treatment!

Can you make those recorded games analysis daily? They are a great reading. The logic, the clearness, the depth, everything. Please, make them whenever you can, I am a big fan of your posts.

Hi andreskbr,

Thanks for the very kind words. I didn't even feel that what I had written about this game was that clear or deep, but thank you very much the encouragement. I would happily post daily analysis but I am only well versed in Arena. That's what I play almost exclusively, and so that's the only map that I really have a good understanding of. Plus I don't watch loads and loads of recorded games from other maps. When I do post some analysis I'll send you a PM if you like but it may not be very often.

Cheers,

Gary.
 Gary Internet

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  VNS_Spring__ » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:01 am

Some people here have not really understood Chris's meaning before, he wants to decay rating system exist and affect all players except for his rating 11
 VNS_Spring__

Previous

Return to 2k4+ games