Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.
 Main Menu

 ForumsSearch »

 SY Nations Cup 2017

 King of the Desert

 Escape Gaming

 Polaris Series

 AoC Recorded Games

 AoE2HD Recorded Games

 AoFE Recorded Games

 Major Past Tournaments

 Users currently online
Staff (1)
»  _PkZ_
Members (59)
»  [x]
»  Acid
»  d3pdu
»  DusaU
»  ExIT
»  Fenty
»  Hico
»  Xtasy
Guests (146)

 AoC Clans Add yours »

 Links

 Auto downloadedFind »

 Ads

Vietnam [TyRanT]BacT versus hoang485 Vietnam 01aug2017

Moderator:  fallingstar

Advertisement from Google 
 

Re: Vietnam [TyRanT]BacT versus hoang485 Vietnam 01aug2017

Postby  asdfasdfasdf1 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:53 pm

I thought it was bit of a weird troll strat that only works cuz it throws people off, for instance when people see militia in dark age they might be tempted to make 3 militias to neutralize the damage, or they might go m@a and go straight for counterattack. but he does this for couple months and people still struggle dealing with this.

i'm not really sure what I would do myself vs this kind of strat 11 (then agian, im noob). the strength of this strat seems that you have a really good eco before you click up to feudal, you can full wall + make 8 militias and still reach about 18:xx castle age time.
 asdfasdfasdf1
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Jul 13, 2017
 
 

Re: Vietnam [TyRanT]BacT versus hoang485 Vietnam 01aug2017

Postby  Huehuecoyotl22 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:46 pm

  09 Aug 2017, 17:36 GMT » Huehuecoyotl22 wrote:
  09 Aug 2017, 17:30 GMT » Clemensor wrote:
  09 Aug 2017, 16:39 GMT » ImRiver wrote:
I was kind of curious, so i watched games of hoang. Not really worth the time tbh, nevertheless interesting that he made 2k2 but games like this:
http://www.voobly.com/match/view/16177241
He just goes full militia, and the other dude just suicides 8 scouts and deletes his tc, i mean really weird ...


hoang vs kotex are the strangest 2k1 games ever :lol:

73_TranHaoNam is Kotex?

I could have guessed it, as both those have recorded game files with a completely wrong date, 73_TranHaoNam always is a few weeks in the future. I just thought it could be something happening on Vietnamese computers, as I also have seen it with a real Chinese computer, always resetting to a wrong date after restart.
 Huehuecoyotl22
Gameposter Master
 
Posts: 10233
Joined: Jun 09, 2012
 

Re: Vietnam [TyRanT]BacT versus hoang485 Vietnam 01aug2017

Postby  Clemensor » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:30 pm

  09 Aug 2017, 17:36 GMT » Huehuecoyotl22 wrote:
  09 Aug 2017, 17:30 GMT » Clemensor wrote:
  09 Aug 2017, 16:39 GMT » ImRiver wrote:
I was kind of curious, so i watched games of hoang. Not really worth the time tbh, nevertheless interesting that he made 2k2 but games like this:
http://www.voobly.com/match/view/16177241
He just goes full militia, and the other dude just suicides 8 scouts and deletes his tc, i mean really weird ...


hoang vs kotex are the strangest 2k1 games ever :lol:

73_TranHaoNam is Kotex?


95% sure
User avatar
 Clemensor
 
Posts: 922
Joined: Jun 09, 2014
 

Re: Vietnam [TyRanT]BacT versus hoang485 Vietnam 01aug2017

Postby  DraXieN » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:04 pm

  09 Aug 2017, 17:53 GMT » asdfasdfasdf1 wrote:
I thought it was bit of a weird troll strat that only works cuz it throws people off, for instance when people see militia in dark age they might be tempted to make 3 militias to neutralize the damage, or they might go m@a and go straight for counterattack. but he does this for couple months and people still struggle dealing with this.

i'm not really sure what I would do myself vs this kind of strat 11 (then agian, im noob). the strength of this strat seems that you have a really good eco before you click up to feudal, you can full wall + make 8 militias and still reach about 18:xx castle age time.


I've played hoang like 40 - 50 games, I've lost less than 10 games, but I usually have harder time when I'm trying to play more standard. It makes sense, because you almost never play vs such strat while hoang played 1k+ games doing this and usually defending vs feudal aggresion. Also the kts 2+2 is just incredibly strong unit vs any feudal army enemy has, can deal with fwd towers, arch, anything.
Basically I figured out 3 ways how to effectively deal with this.
1) Stonewall - doesn't matter if you're going arch/maa/scouts in feudal age, once you kill hoang's militias and can't decide the game in feudal, but you have wallable map, it's extremely worth to do full stonewall. It's gonna delay him a lot, he'll be forced to make fwd siege workshop + rams, mangonel (all that is very expensive for him when he plays with 30 vills) and you can prepare tons of monks/pikes/own kts/whatever. He'll never switch his mind to add TCs and boom.
2) Full pike - you don't have wallable map and you couldn't kill him in feudal (he has full wall + tower behind as usual). Don't play standard, don't add arch with a hope to outmicro him with xbows. Go 3x barax and spam spears. If you can survive till you upgrade to pike, you should be in fine spot, your eco will be stronger even if you loose 10 vills and hoang will have tough time to switch.
3) Do the same as him. Hoang doesn't have BO, his militia micro isn't good, his dark age is terrible. Defend with your own 8 militia, make eco upgrades and do kts + monks yourself. You'll be faster to castle than him with far better eco and with ideal army composition to deal with his army.

All those 3 strats are very easy to do and any 18+ should win hoang if they just don't do stupid mistakes and don't underestimate how many kts hoang can spam and how strong this army is in feudal/early castle.
 DraXieN
 
Posts: 814
Joined: Jan 05, 2016
 

Re: Vietnam [TyRanT]BacT versus hoang485 Vietnam 01aug2017

Postby  7Sense » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:11 pm

Thx Drax. Can you tell us as well how to beat you?
 7Sense
 
Posts: 530
Joined: Oct 24, 2013
 1902 (63%)
 
Advertisement from Google 
 

Re: Vietnam [TyRanT]BacT versus hoang485 Vietnam 01aug2017

Postby  DraXieN » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:22 pm

There are 3 possible ways how you can stop me.
1) Hack my PC/AoC
2) Pay my internet provider to cancel my connection
3) Pay an assasin to kill me
 DraXieN
 
Posts: 814
Joined: Jan 05, 2016
 

Re: Vietnam [TyRanT]BacT versus hoang485 Vietnam 01aug2017

Postby  drmrboss » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:36 pm

  09 Aug 2017, 17:30 GMT » Clemensor wrote:
  09 Aug 2017, 16:39 GMT » ImRiver wrote:
I was kind of curious, so i watched games of hoang. Not really worth the time tbh, nevertheless interesting that he made 2k2 but games like this:
http://www.voobly.com/match/view/16177241
He just goes full militia, and the other dude just suicides 8 scouts and deletes his tc, i mean really weird ...


hoang vs kotex are the strangest 2k1 games ever :lol:


U are totally wrong , noob. Kotex is 3k. His nick confirms it!
 drmrboss
 
Posts: 553
Joined: Jun 03, 2008
 

Re: Vietnam [TyRanT]BacT versus hoang485 Vietnam 01aug2017

Postby  drmrboss » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:37 pm

  09 Aug 2017, 21:22 GMT » DraXieN wrote:
There are 3 possible ways how you can stop me.
1) Hack my PC/AoC
2) Pay my internet provider to cancel my connection
3) Pay an assasin to kill me


No need, just summon Metal. Over!! :lol:
 drmrboss
 
Posts: 553
Joined: Jun 03, 2008
 

Re: Vietnam [TyRanT]BacT versus hoang485 Vietnam 01aug2017

Postby  DraXieN » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:18 pm

  drmrboss wrote:
  09 Aug 2017, 21:22 GMT » DraXieN wrote:
There are 3 possible ways how you can stop me.
1) Hack my PC/AoC
2) Pay my internet provider to cancel my connection
3) Pay an assasin to kill me


No need, just summon Metal. Over!! :lol:


Metal was the better player the last BOs, he isn't anymore. I had a psychical block vs him, but we solved this with my psychologist and playing him isn't a challenge for me anymore. Also the first BOs were entertaining with all the trashtalk around, now it became just one of the matches with some rivalry, far from the entertainment it had year ago.
 DraXieN
 
Posts: 814
Joined: Jan 05, 2016
 

Re: Vietnam [TyRanT]BacT versus hoang485 Vietnam 01aug2017

Postby  asdfasdfasdf1 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:49 am

  09 Aug 2017, 20:04 GMT » DraXieN wrote:
  09 Aug 2017, 17:53 GMT » asdfasdfasdf1 wrote:
I thought it was bit of a weird troll strat that only works cuz it throws people off, for instance when people see militia in dark age they might be tempted to make 3 militias to neutralize the damage, or they might go m@a and go straight for counterattack. but he does this for couple months and people still struggle dealing with this.

i'm not really sure what I would do myself vs this kind of strat 11 (then agian, im noob). the strength of this strat seems that you have a really good eco before you click up to feudal, you can full wall + make 8 militias and still reach about 18:xx castle age time.


I've played hoang like 40 - 50 games, I've lost less than 10 games, but I usually have harder time when I'm trying to play more standard. It makes sense, because you almost never play vs such strat while hoang played 1k+ games doing this and usually defending vs feudal aggresion. Also the kts 2+2 is just incredibly strong unit vs any feudal army enemy has, can deal with fwd towers, arch, anything.
Basically I figured out 3 ways how to effectively deal with this.
1) Stonewall - doesn't matter if you're going arch/maa/scouts in feudal age, once you kill hoang's militias and can't decide the game in feudal, but you have wallable map, it's extremely worth to do full stonewall. It's gonna delay him a lot, he'll be forced to make fwd siege workshop + rams, mangonel (all that is very expensive for him when he plays with 30 vills) and you can prepare tons of monks/pikes/own kts/whatever. He'll never switch his mind to add TCs and boom.
2) Full pike - you don't have wallable map and you couldn't kill him in feudal (he has full wall + tower behind as usual). Don't play standard, don't add arch with a hope to outmicro him with xbows. Go 3x barax and spam spears. If you can survive till you upgrade to pike, you should be in fine spot, your eco will be stronger even if you loose 10 vills and hoang will have tough time to switch.
3) Do the same as him. Hoang doesn't have BO, his militia micro isn't good, his dark age is terrible. Defend with your own 8 militia, make eco upgrades and do kts + monks yourself. You'll be faster to castle than him with far better eco and with ideal army composition to deal with his army.

All those 3 strats are very easy to do and any 18+ should win hoang if they just don't do stupid mistakes and don't underestimate how many kts hoang can spam and how strong this army is in feudal/early castle.



1) but the problem seems that hoang can trade efficiently with militias (unless perhaps if you have archers or scouts+bloodlines). you need at the very least 5 scouts and villagers to deal with 8 militia (more if he sent more), while hoang has all time to full wall and click up with much more villagers (and therefore a much better eco) than the opponent.

2) and 3) seem kind of reactive play. I think 'any 18+ should beat him' is easier said than done. could you play hoang now he practised this strat a lot over couple weeks?
 asdfasdfasdf1
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Jul 13, 2017
 
 
PreviousNext

Return to 2k4+ games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Legend: Global moderators, News posters, Tournament moderators