Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.

E-Sports Earnings - Can someone update this?

Moderator:  ChriSt

Advertisement from Google 

Re: E-Sports Earnings - Can someone update this?

Postby  Sinken » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:30 pm

23 Jan 2015, 10:28 GMT » Mr_Yo wrote:
nah this site is a joke i cant find my name%$^%#$%&&^%$*&&^!@#@!#!!@

Sinken

Postby  BuzZ_Quiller » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:39 pm

http://wsvg.net/biggest-age-empires-2-tournament-history/
I've heard about this tournament a while back, and quite frankly I'm surprised this is even a thing. $120k prize pool, WSVG returns from the dead, and it has the most ridiculous tournament format and prize structure I've ever seen...
http://www.aoczone.net/viewtopic.php?f=957&t=104034
If I'm understanding it correctly, there are multiple bonuses that the players can win. In order to track everything properly, I actually have to change the layout of the database to record it properly. I still have to do it to fix a few problems with other tournaments, but this is just disgusting. It's hard to make sense of any of it unless you follow real closely.

111, looks like we are giving them a headache with our tournament formats.

Also, to add to the confusion, since the same players sign up with different nicknames every tournament are players like Chris listed 3-4 times.
  IMPERIAL_GOD wrote:
There is alot of uglyness inside quiller that he doesnt even realise is there.
 BuzZ_Quiller

1822 (51%)

Postby  TheViper » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:54 pm

23 Jan 2015, 10:28 GMT » Mr_Yo wrote:
nah this site is a joke i cant find my name%$^%#$%&&^%$*&&^!@#@!#!!@

Win something and maybe you'll get there, noob.
<Tim_ would like to be your friend. Accept the request>

http://twitter.com/TheViperAOC
http://www.twitch.tv/tyrant_theviper
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheViperAOC/
http://www.facebook.com/TheViperAOC
 TheViper
Expert Player

2497 (72%)

Postby  jinxed11 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:37 pm

17 Mar 2014, 05:14 GMT » thepitzaboy wrote:
Looking at top earning players across games tells me Korea can dominate virtually any gaming scene.. Was surprised to see Sweden also having some top gamers..
I feel for AOC scene to hit an even bigger revival it needs to be popularized in Korea before anything.. Just my $.02

Sweden has always been power house for Counter Strike (whether its 1.6 or CS:GO). Sweden in CS is same as Korea in LOL, DOTA2. I believe it has to be due to internal competition being so high because of so many skilled players around.

One very important thing is money, no matter how much love you have for any game. No pro player will play it full time until unless they get something in return for the amount of time which is being put in and they have every right to expect some return. I have watched interviews of pro players from CS:GO, LOL, DOTA2 and the amount of time they put in daily for practice to stay on top is crazy. Absolutely crazy. What I believe is that the live stream is helping a lot. Whenever any CS:GO pro player is streaming there will be at the very least 10,000 people watching. I have seen this personally that in many streams twitch chat is enabled only for subs only just because there are so many subs and also if chat is open for all then messages are flying so fast that no one can make anything out it.

Last year in one of CS:GO tournament live stream hit 400,000 viewers at it peak, not to mention close to 10k people watching it live in an arena. Its still small as compared to Dota2/LOL but last year has been definitely a revival for Counter Strike since CS 1.6 (still my favorite game) was almost dead after 2010-11. In my view the revival was possible because (1) They launched a new version of the game, with variety but progressing with the good things of 1.6. (2) Once player numbers picked up and it happened quite fast for CS:GO then came quite a few tournaments. Valve (Dev of CS:GO) also injected some money in tournaments and most likely because they were sure to make quite more out of that investment.

For AOC, don't get me wrong I like this game, it seems really difficult. AOC has a really long learning curve for a new entrant. Not because its relatively more difficult (NO), it is because many different reasons. Why is it unlikely that a new pro player will take up AOC or old guys will put in daily 7-8 hours in training is because there is just not enough to expect in return. 2013-14 definitely there had been more tournaments but in length and not enough money wise. It is needless to say that something is much better than nothing. I might get a lot of hate for saying this but look at the picture below, For WiC a team of min 4 players commits each week for 4-5 months and 3rd place gives them max 11k. In my honest opinion that is not enough for 5 months effort. To be constructive side the most important thing which needs to happen for tiniest hope of a revival is all aoc players playing at one place. Unless that happens in my opinion there will be no real revival. On the other hand we should be really happy that a computer game we all love has survived 16 years and is still alive and kicking.

jinxed11

Postby  Jupe » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:25 pm

So my Nations cup tip was now added: http://www.esportsearnings.com/games/17 ... e-of-kings and we are now #30 (+1)
Chris is in the list now with 4 different nicks
[22:42]<___fury> is hard playing with spy's on team speak and watching game.
[22:43]<___fury> now 4:30 spec delay
 Jupe

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  Shmolagin » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:29 pm

I saw this site/page a long time ago but I ignored it because the information was so incomplete. It would be awesome though if it was fixed.
SezualHealing : do you guys watch in theater mode or full screen mode
Shmolagin : theater + f11
Hearttt_ : @Shmolagin , omg marry me
Hearttt_ : this is the dream
Hearttt_ : I always thought I had to choose between trolling and full screen
Hearttt_ : my life has changed BibleThump
 Shmolagin

1755 (60%)

Postby  CSA_W_Wofford » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:53 pm

yep Daut only 4000$ im sure he made much more from AOC
 CSA_W_Wofford

Postby  Influenza » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:10 am

#foreverwaiting
StressedOut: u guys are like husbandry and wife
 Influenza

Postby  Dxoelpro » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:30 am

Dxoelpro

Previous

Return to General Discussion