Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.
 Main Menu

ForumsSearch »

King of the Desert

Masters of Arena 5

Escape Gaming

Polaris Series

AoC Recorded Games

AoE2HD Recorded Games

AoFE Recorded Games

Major Past Tournaments

Users currently online
Members (42)
»  650r
»  Ator
»  Flow
»  Jevo
»  Modri
»  Nick_
»  slam
Guests (123)

AoC Clans Add yours »

Links

Auto downloadedFind »

Ads

War is Coming - Grand Final

Moderator:  Voobly

Advertisement from Google 

Re: War is Coming - Grand Final

Postby  JCDenton » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:17 pm

Isn't it interesting how it's only in the Final that the importance of having a great DM roster which has been a huge factor this WiC tournament suddenly disappears? Whereas DM matches contributed to an entire point in Round Robin and Brackets - in the context of an all-Tyrant format the significance of DM is now statistically unimportant.

Obviously I don't see any irony in this whatsoever.
 JCDenton

Postby  edie » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:02 pm

06 Mar 2015, 12:17 GMT » JCDenton wrote:
Isn't it interesting how it's only in the Final that the importance of having a great DM roster which has been a huge factor this WiC tournament suddenly disappears? Whereas DM matches contributed to an entire point in Round Robin and Brackets - in the context of an all-Tyrant format the significance of DM is now statistically unimportant.

Topic closed soon
[20:00] [Frantic]SOBIGDIAO says:
U KING

[14:21] poZ_edie says:
do u have facebook?
[14:21] poZ_Tammy says:
i dont play this game ..
 edie
Top 1v1 player

2334 (56%)

Postby  THE_Lenn0 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:06 pm

Really??? Tell me more...............

....actually please don't!

These games are going to be awesome!!!!
 THE_Lenn0

1493 (12%)

Postby  Crysese » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:12 pm

You know, that is actually pretty **** up.
 Crysese

Postby  BuzZ_Quiller » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:16 pm

How did you come to that conclusion, DM on the contrary can be a deciding factor in the case of 4-4, just like in the RR. DM still counts as 1 point in each set. The settings are just like the RR, 9 games, one point for each game, 5+ points wins you that round. And just like in RR is DM played as 3rd game, so before any team reaches 5 points.
  IMPERIAL_GOD wrote:
There is alot of uglyness inside quiller that he doesnt even realise is there.
 BuzZ_Quiller

1822 (51%)

Advertisement from Google 

Postby  TheViper » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:39 pm

There is DM in 1v1, 2v2 and 3v3 in the Grand Final, just not in 4v4. As Quiller points out, I'm curious to how you came to the conclusion that DM importance suddenly disappears.

Seriously getting fed up with all these conspiracy theories.
<Tim_ would like to be your friend. Accept the request>

http://twitter.com/TheViperAOC
http://www.twitch.tv/tyrant_theviper
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheViperAOC/
http://www.facebook.com/TheViperAOC
 TheViper
Expert Player

2371 (72%)

Postby  SiFly » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:44 pm

06 Mar 2015, 13:39 GMT » TheViper wrote:
There is DM in 1v1, 2v2 and 3v3 in the Grand Final, just not in 4v4. As Quiller points out, I'm curious to how you came to the conclusion that DM importance suddenly disappears.

Seriously getting fed up with all these conspiracy theories.

He doesn't go for conclusions; it is just the standard 'insert QQ comment about DM' in every thread about WiC.

Just like every of these threads has some other standard comments which add nothing to the original topic and make all these threads the same after the first post.

These threads should just be locked from the start, have 'discussion' somewhere else
 SiFly

Postby  pedro » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:14 pm

going to be so good ... i'm really looking forward to the DM games ... especially to the 3v3! a shame that its not a "mini-bo3" :( but i guess one has to expect pretty close and long DM games, and there are 8 other RM games having to be played at that day, so it will be a very long set anyways ...
 pedro

Postby  JCDenton » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:05 pm

Thanks for your comments. Here's why DM is vastly under-weighed in this format

1) There will only be 3 DM matches in 1v1, 2v2, 3v3. This is compared to a maximum of 9 matches according to how the RR/Brackets played out in a BO3 contest - a 300% reduction in DM time.

2) One of these sets of four has no DM whatsoever - 25% reduction in affect on scoring.

3) DM in RR/Brackets rounds occurred at an earlier chronological stage of proceedings so as to provide the team with a psychological edge earlier on. The effect is negated in this context as one of the sets is missing - intangible % but still a competitive factor.

Of course, if one was a cynic then the earlier emphasis of DM in the earlier rounds might have something to do with this:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=98309&hilit=jidba+tyrant

Regretfully that might imply that a certain senior TyranT member, recruiter and current competitor had knowledge of what the settings would be for WiC but I would never make such an illogical and unfounded deduction. However judging from the comments on that thread the levels of clairvoyance of the non-Tyrant expert playing and viewing community are incredible.

Enjoy the Finals everyone - here's to the conclusion of this Tyrant masterclass!
 JCDenton

Postby  Zoroaster » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:30 pm

YESSS SUNDAY!! The **** final!! Hell yeah!! Both teams deserve it!!

Weed Beer Chips and AOC :mrgreen: on a lazy sunday!

HF!
 Zoroaster

Previous

Return to Brackets