Problems registering at AoCZone?
You can try resending activation email. If that doesnt work you can send an email here. If you forgot your password click here.

Problem with aoe2

Take part in AoE2HD discussions, share strategies and gaming experience
Advertisement from Google 

Problem with aoe2

Postby  sulsino » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:00 am

hey guys! i have a problem with aoe2: i have a mac, so i downloaded virtualbox to have a windws in my mac so that i could play aeo2 from my mac. i downloaded steam, bought aoe2 and everything looked fine but when i try to play aoe2 my pc starts to go really slow and when i click for example on multiplayer it took like 6 second to respond to my command. i gave 2gb ram. do u guys have any solution about my problem? thx!!
 sulsino

Re: Problem with aoe2

Postby  SouFire » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:42 am

If the mac has 2 gm of ram then probably it has not enough horsepowers to run the HD version, remember intel hd graphics are not compatible and have a really poor performance.
 SouFire

1873 (52%)

Postby  sulsino » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:09 pm

no i gave 2gb cuz my mac suggested me to give 2gb to the virtual box... in total i have like 8gb... i tried to give 3,5gb but the problem didnt change... my mac is the newest mac book pro so i dont think the problem is about the power of my pc..
 sulsino

Postby  Tocaraca » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:36 pm

Since you're using a Virtual Machine it will be slower, so that might be the problem. Running games off a VM doesn't work great in my experience (I've used VM at school and it couldn't even run flash games well). Correct me if I'm wrong though
 Tocaraca

1618 (47%)

Postby  snapesnaps » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:48 pm

What virtual box are you using? I play on Mac and it works with PlayOnMac which uses Wine. There is a guide on steam to help you too. Since you have the newest Mac, specs shouldn't be an issue.

Here you go: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =528356278
When updates come in you have to remember to change e.g. the Launcher.exe to LauncherBak again. Hope this helps!
 snapesnaps

Return to General AoE2HD Discussion